♡♡FORTY♡♡

Charlotte's p.o.v. . .

I get ready as soon as Zayn sends me the details of the date which didn't include anything other than "dress casually " .

I did as the message said and waited for Zayn to come and pick me up. I wonder where he'll be taking me at this time. It's eleven o'clock in the evening and I was just getting ready to sleep when Zayn texted me.
He's surely gonna get it from me for not letting me meet my lovely sleep!
I wait and wait for minutes in the living room after which I hear footsteps of someone climbing down the stairs.

When I get up to see who it is, expecting Tyler to be there, I'm greeted with a casually dressed Zayn with his hair tousled.
"I thought you'd be in your room so I came inside through your window. " he says as he starts towards me and gives me a small peck.

"You could've used the door you know!" I say and he nods

"Nah.... its not fun that way. I was trying to bring out the old times when Tyler didn't approve of our relationship and I had to hide and come through the window instead." He says grinning.

"Old times huh? You make it sound like it was years ago! Now can we get going?" I ask

"Yeah absolutely! " He says enthusiastically.

"Any reason why you chose this time of day particularly? " I ask him with a fake smile as we head towards his car.

"Aah yes actually! You'll know when we reach the location! " He says as if it's no big deal for him to stay awake at this time.

"Where are we going exactly? " I ask getting a bit curious.

" you'll know . Just wait and watch" he says and puts his free hand on mine and drives the car with the other.

I just nod and look outside the window in the dark streets lit by the light of a very few dim street lights.

My mind drifts to the thoughts of today when dad's personal assistant called to inform me about dad's weakening condition. She said that the doctor suggests that dad needs a knee replacement operation. And so I don't think it's a good idea to leave dad alone in all this.

It's getting harder and harder for me to avoid going back to LA.

I think about telling this to Zayn right now. But he seems happy at the moment and I don't want to ruin the mood so I decide against telling him.

"This better be worth my sleep!" I say breaking the silence.
Zayn just smiles and says " oh you'll love it don't worry baby!" And I smile at that.

"I'm just kidding" I say " I know it's gonna be great! You being the one who planned it "
He squeezes my palm at this and continues driving.

Zayn's p.o.v. . .

I kill the engine and bring the car to a halt.

"You can't be serious!" Charlotte says from beside me.

"I am serious! Now come on!" I say motioning for her to step out of the car while I do the same.

We both get out and begin our walk towards our location.

" What could possibly be the reason for you to bring me to the back side of our school building at quarter to twelve in the night?" She asks confused.

" Your patience level is zero! Did you know that?" I ask her as I wrap my arm around her shoulders and she slaps my stomach lightly.

"Okay so how good are you at climbing walls?" I ask her as we reach the back fencing wall of the building which happens to be pretty tall .

" You're kidding right?" She asks as a horrified expression crosses her face.