Chapter 11

"Hey Erica? Have you met the new Server IT" Steve asked from beside her.

Erika turned around. Before her eyes went wide with shock.

Jae Park stood in front of her. Her friend stood in front of her. He was supposed to be at their new secret residence but now he was here. For what reason she didn't know.

"Oh Erica! We were friends in Highschool for a little while!" Jae answered. Erika was glad he did so because she wasn't sure how his secret identity here lined up with hers.

"Its Carlos Pratchett from Virginia." Jae said holding out his hand.

"I remember Carlos. It's been a long time." Erika laughed. She was surprised how different Jae had made his name. He was wearing a dark blue suit and seemed to be getting along with Steve.

"Funny to see you again." Jae smiled when Erika took his hand and shook it.

What were they up to?

"What made you wanna be IT?" Erika asked. Before Jae could answer Tony walked over.

"I can answer that one Erica!" He said.

Tony place his hand firmly on Jae's shoulder. Jae just kept his toothy smile but Erika understood how weird it felt to be here with the Avengers. Jae's brow twitched when Tony gave him a pat.

"He's an incredible engineer and worked around all my tech better than most people who've worked under me for years." Tony grinned as though Jae was his perfect found prodigy.

Only Erika and Jae knew how this clever and cunning criminal came to be so knowledgeable about Stark Tech.

"Don't you have robot ITs. Bots who fix your servers. I didn't know you needed actual people." Erika tilted her head.

"The 'robots' only do so much and I've had enough AI issues for a couple years to come. He'll also take over parts of your job working around the servers so you have more time to focus on the actual job description of an Avengers personal assistant. Without the bullet wounds though." Tony released Jae's shoulder and Erika watched him let out a breath of relief.

"Enough about boring Server IT stuff. This is a party not a employee meeting." Tony said downing the rest of his drink.

"Cheers to that!" Natasha said and clinked her glass with Steve.

Erika downed her own drink before getting the sudden burn of whiskey shooting down her throat. Ouch.

A song came on with an incredibly strong bass and started filling the lounge with music. Everyone at the bar was getting more drinks. Except for Jae and Erika. Erika looked at him and raised an eyebrow while trying to deliver a look saying, What in the actual hell are you doing here?

Jae just smiled at her. His hands started tapping on his clasped drink.

3, Floor, You , Me, After, Party Was all Erika could make out, but it was enough to understand the basic meaning. Erika had never been a fan of Morse code but it was certainly coming in handy now.

For now Erika was have to brush off the fact that Jae had disobeyed the original mission and that him and Nina must have developed new plans after no new server data was coming in. Technically, in Erika's defense it had been a rough start.

Erika watched Jae walk over to Clint, Sam, and Bucky. Erika feared what kinda small talk Jae was starting with them. Especially when she noticed them all give a glance in her direction. Erika's eyes had never adverted the scene quicker.

She'd spun herself at the seat by the bar and engaged back into the conversation Steve, Nat, and Tony were having.

"I swear you two have kissed before." Erika heard Tony say as she refocused