Chapter 19

Erika and Bucky had awoken together.

They even returned to the tower together.

They spread their false story but the Avengers seemed to brush over it and were glad she was okay.

Tony threatened to fire Erika though. He explained how the job put her at such a risk that he couldn't handle it.

Erika had agreed with Tony. She asked for one more month and then she'd quit for good. Bucky and Erika were pleased with this suggestion as it put them in a better position to execute their plan without a job getting in the way.

"Since you have returned, in one piece might I add, I think we should celebrate!" Tony smiled finally and gave Erika a hug. "A party on the balcony! To appreciate your well-being."

Only Tony would throw a party for such a thing.

Jae or rather Carlos Pratchett here, had apparently been absent from work. Nina had told Erika before she finally set off to the tower that Jae was working on something he'd exclaimed was incredible.

Nina and Erika hadn't filled Bucky in on this detail but their agreement also secured Jae's anonymity.

Bucky had asked Erika to meet him in her room when she was done greeting everyone after returning from Hydra.

Erika had been greeted by Steve first.

"Glad your okay. Bucky was going crazy thinking about you." He'd informed.

"So I've heard." She'd responded.

"Never seen him so worked up." Sam had added while bringing Erika in for a side hug.

Sam and Steve had explained to her how Bucky had started to blame himself and become incredibly involved in the rescue. Yet the only thing Erika could pay attention to was the fact Natasha hadn't come to greet her. She'd stayed by Tony discussing something serious with him.

Erika wasn't sure what she knew, or if she knew anything at all.

"What did you two do before you returned back to the tower? Bucky couldn't have been more vague." Sam leaned in wanting an answer.

"Nothing eventful. We talked and recovered from the whole situation. I guess I owe him one now." Erika shrugged. She honestly felt she did owe him, for not telling the Avengers the truth.

She's a rat, snuck her way in and carved a path to victory. It was all coming out Erika so far.

"Right, so you guys just talked. Nothing else." Same sounded disappointed. She could only assume why. He was really hoping Erika and Bucky had connected but she wouldn't admit to anything.

"Nothing else." She smirked at them.

Steve had been nodding his head at Sam's questions and seemed as upset with the answers as Sam had.

Erika waved goodbye to Steve and Sam as she found her way over to Natasha.

She'd already greeted Tony and Bruce and was on a mission to talk with Nat.

"Hey Nat." Erika walked over and went in for a hug.

Natasha's face looked like a mask fell over it as it changed from serious to happy.

"Erica! Welcome back." She hugged Erika and patted her back.

"Hope you're doing okay. Never expected this to happen." Nat pulled away from the hug and looked at Erika with sympathy.

Nat and Erika's conversation consisted entirely of Nat questioning her Hydra experience after that. Erika finally told Natasha she didn't wanna talk about it. Too soon.