15. Good For My Heart

'How are you feeling, husband?' Aelsa questioned looking to a very hung over Viserys.

'The gods have punished me for my indulgences.'

'At least the wine was good.' Aelsa chuckled.

'Too good.' He admitted.

"We should take a trip to lannis port, shit wine but a lovely view." Aelsa informed him and Viserys chuckled.

"I never thought a Lannister to admit to that." Viserys told her reaching over and stroking a hand across her thigh.

"I'm honest." Aelsa reminded him.

"You my lovely wife are perfection." Viserys told her and she smiled innocently back at him.

'I was hoping we might discuss something.'

'Rhaenyra?' Viserys questioned 'I do not think she enjoyed your cousin Jason Lannister's company. She is cross.'

'I warned you that she would be.' Aelsa offered. "Jason... he has a good heart, he is just... he is looking for the right person. I still think they might hit it off." Aelsa offered. Then she could get Tyland off her back about naming Aegon king if Jason was to be king and wed to Rhaenyra. The Lannister name would truly rule over westeros.

'Rhaenyra has come of age. She must needs marry a high lord who will honor her, defend her, and serve her as king consort. Her wishes in this matter are irrelevant.'

'I do believe that Rhaenyra will marry, Your Grace. But she must believe it is her choice to do so.' Aelsa told him. "Not everyone can have a fairy tale ending like ourselves and fall in love so easily." Viserys brought her hand to his lips and kissed it gently. 'What's this?'

'A letter... from Vaemond Velaryon.' Viserys sneered his hand moving along her thigh again.

'The Sea Snake's brother.'

'Yeah. He's fighting in the Stepstones, with all the rest of them.' Viserys told her pouring another drink

'May I?' she questioned and he nodded she read it over as the fire crackled between them. 'Lord Corlys and Prince Daemon are losing their war.'

'Badly, by all accounts.'

'This is a plea for aid. Then why not send it?' Aelsa questioned

'Because it is a war started by two malcontents, unhappy with decisions I made. If I now provide Daemon and Corlys succor, what will that say of their king?' Viserys countered

'Perhaps, that he is a good man who loves his brother.'

'Well, if you truly believe that, my dear... then you possess a generous spirit.' Viserys told her

'What do you believe, Viserys?'

'That I am forever doomed to anger one person in the pleasing of another.' Viserys told her

'Then I pose a simpler question. Is it better for the realm if the Crabfeeder thrives, or is vanquished?' Aelsa offered. Viserys brother Daemon along with it but she didnt need to say that out loud.

+

''Make haste to Dwarfstone, Ser Addam.' Viserys instructed 'Hand-deliver this to Prince Daemon yourself.'

'At once, Your Grace.' He agreed

'Dwarfstone?' Rhaenyra questioned

'I'm sending word to Daemon. Aid is sailing to the Stepstones.'

'Did he make call for help?'

'He would sooner die. But his king does not mean to allow that.' Viserys told his daughter as she took a seat. 'Do you not think my decision correct?'