Chapter 15

Comment/Vote/Fan xxxx

Chapter 15:

Mia POV:

I knew i wasn't making a sense. And showing Nick the necklace was probably even more confusing but i appreciate his attempts to show that he understood me. It showed he cared enough to pretend. His words were proving to be comforting anyway.

'Listen Mia, i want to show you something. Somewhere rather. I think it may just cheer you up' he smiled as he stood up and dusted his jeans. I hesitated and bowed my head. Nick frowned and quickly said; 'Oh erm, never mind. That was a stupid suggestion anyway. I mean you're a student and i'm your teacher. I couldn't possibly take you any..' Nick nervously rambled his speech as i stood up and answered; 'I'll come...'

We drove down to what the locals call Dover White Cliffs; highland just above Kent itself. You could see everything and everyone from there, every small detail. The whistling of the misbehaving wind, the baby blue sky dotted with moving clouds, the horn of the ferries, huge river; sprawling with British fish and small rowing boats and the crashing of the waves against the bottom cliffs. All these simple and mundane things collectively seemed quite soothing. 

Nick looked to me; 'I bet you don't get it like this back in London'. I shook my head, as my hair aligned itself with the direction of the breezy wind.

'This place. It's so calming. Like everything beneath us just doesn't matter.' I wrapped my arms around my self and spun round, almost waltzing with the wind. I giggled at the physical freedom i slightly felt. I knew Nick was watching me and i turned to him as he held his arms out by his sides; 'This is where i come when it all gets too much. Life gets too much. It clears my head, up here. Amazing, right?' he smiled sweetly. 'Amazing' i echoed. 

I stood there taking the serene atmosphere in, as i felt a delicate raindrop fall and slide down my nose; rain was coming. I laughed as i knew Nick was thinking the same thing as his smile grew wider at the now grey cloudy sky.

Within seconds, it was as if the heavens opened and God showered his people with his tears. I was immediately drenched once again, as was Nick. But this time; we both didn't move. Through the heavy rainfall i could just about make out Nick's toothy smile as we both began splashing in the open rain, regardless of the mud or any other of natures occurrences. 

We just didn't care. It was liberating; just for one moment i was free emotionally, mentally and phyiscally. Free.