Chapter 4.5

Felt like i should add a bit more to Nick POV, last chapter!

Comment/Vote/Fan ;)

'Through my words........' You know the drill! :)

xxxx

Nicks POV (Continued)

I was lost for words at the analysis of these lovers, that Mia just explained. It was definitely a well constructed answer. I could see it in Mia's eyes; she really understood the raw emotions of these characters, in the book. She really understood the themes in this book: love and sacrifice.

I was impressed, which is highly unusual, especially at a student.

'Ohh, wow, well thank you, Mia for sharing. That was a great answer, i must say. Truly, it was. Now everyone complete, the questions on the pages you've just read, till the bell goes' i smiled and took my seat, only to sit there for the rest of the lesson, pondering on how Mia, devised such an accurate reason concerning the book.

I occasionally looked up, into her direction, only to see her head down and writing continuously. The bell rang and the students began immediately packing up as i called out, 'One page essay about the mood and atmosphere created from the passage you just read. Due on Wednesday, guy!' i watched as each student scurried out the door, and Mia caught my eye, almost as if she wanted to speak, but turned away.

'Mia...' i called her back, but just as she turned, past images of her pale wet frail body filled my mind. I could remember her drenched hair slapping against her back, as she walked away from my car, that rainy day last week.

I quickly snapped out of it and said the only thing that i could think of, 'Hi, erm Mia small world, eh?' i laughed nervously, as she just stood still in front of me.

'I guess..' Mia shrugged.

'Mmm well, erm i just wanted to tell you that, the head of the english department normally does extra tutoring for the new students, and im the head of department, so... i guess i'll be tutoring you. After school every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.' i muttered, wondering if she'd heard.

Mia's eyes widened a bit, and she just nodded and whispered, 'Okay Nick...'

Before i could even voice a response, she corrected herself, 'I mean Mr Harrison. Yes, thats fine, after school. Well i best be getting to my next class, Nick, i mean sir! Sorry' Mia rushed her speech, desperate to correct herself, as she swallowed and dragged her feet to the exit, before i could even say 'Its fine'.

Something about Mia, something in the manner in which she sounded and looked, made me conclude she was a troubled person.