Chapter 9

HEYY GUYS! :)

i know its been ages since i last uploaded, for a number of reasons! But i'm back and ready to write! Now your gonna really see Nick and Mia's love begin to reluctantly blosom, regardless of the obvious problem between them: teacher and student!

Enjoy! stay inspired! :)

Vote/Comment/FAN!

xxxxxx

Chapter 9: 

Nick's POV: 

I sat at my desk, eye- wide staring into absolutely nothing: concentrating on concentrating on nothing. i slowly closed my eyes and let my breathing flow moderately. I stayed like this, for what seemed like a long time: but my frozen meditation was halted as i heard someone clear their throat right in front of me. My eyes shot open to see Mia, in my vision standing near my desk, book in hand. Her surprise presence made me jump, knocking over my tube of board pens. We both naturally strived to pick the pens up at the same time, bashing heads in the process.

'Ohh, i'm so sorry, Nick. I mean sir... I mean Sir Harrison or Mr Harrison' she said rubbing her forehead, as did I. I began to laugh, at her beetroot cheeks, as her response to embarrassment. 'Look Mia, it's fine. I'll tell you what you can call me; Nick, in our tutoring sessions but just Sir in class. Deal?' I questioned.

Mia's POV: 

I smiled at him and watched his eyes light up as he started discussing the book. I decided to give Nick the impression, although i've read the book, i didn't know it throughly.

'So you understand the way in which Adam, demanded Catherina to tell the truth about her suddenly not loving him?' Nick asked 30 mintues into our enlightening discussion. I thought before i spoke and replied; 'Not really, maybe you could show me. Like a role play..' I said. 'Mmm, interesting. On one condition, you act the role of Catherina' he claimed, as he stood up and beckoned me to join. 'Okay! So the scene where he wants Catherina to look him in the eye and tell him she doesn't love him' Nick arched his left brow and reached for my hand. Goosebumps quickly formed all over my arm at his touch but i soon relaxed and played along. He cupped my chin and stepped closer. He held my sight hostage with his deep captivating hazel eyes as he began to speak: 'For i know of thine love you have for me, so enter thine depths of my eyes and with that spoken truth, speak against our shared love. For i know of thine heart and loving ways. I know of thy truth. But please, do speak': Nick recited Adam's dialogue with such pace and passion. He moved his hand to stroke my face, slowing putting down the book, while increasing in our proxemics but still holding the gaze we shared.                         .                                                                                                                                                                                       

I wasn't sure if what was happening to us was real or just merely acting out the emotions of the book characters. Because right now it feels real to me. Deep breathing and my cheek held in Nick's warm hand, he urges closer with his head bent to level mine. He stares at my parted lips as i slowly move my head closer, awaiting possible lip connection, only for Nick to stop and whisper, 'I... i think.. we should call it a day..' he immediately retracts his body and releases my face, swallows and turns his back to me.

I stay rooted to the spot for a moment longer, wondering of what to say. I was speechless. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the silent classroom.