Chapter 11

Hey! :)

Next chapter here guys! So what do you think about Mia and Nick, eh? Comment/Vote/FAN!

Enjoy and Stay Inspired! This is for you guys :)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Chapter 11:

Mia's POV:

'So do you have any siblings, Mia? I dunno, maybe like a hot older brother!' Tina laughed as she nudged me. I couldn't help but smile at her as i shook my head, 'No, actually im an only child.'

'Really? Your lucky its, just you and your parents. I bet your a real daddy's girl!' she laughed and joked. I gave a nervous laugh, and cleared my throat, then tactfully changed the subject: 'Well what about you, Tina? How many sibling have you got?'. She rolled her eyes, finished writing the equation in her maths book, then spoke, 'I've got 3 brothers, all younger than me! Beyond annoying, i must say, but i suppose you wouldn't know being the only daughter. So c'mon tell me. Tell me the kind of stuff your dad buys for his little princess then' she jokily pinched my cheeks and grinned. I clenched my fists under the table in slow anger at how Tina just assumed this typical father- daughter relationship, i apparently obtained with my 'father'. But before i could answer, Mrs Moore, the maths teacher suggested me and Tina be quiet and get on with the class work, or we would have it for homework. I was secretly grateful to Mrs Moore for interrupting the conversation, we were having. It would have ended bitterly. 

Lunch arrived and i tried to appear as lively as possible,so Tina wouldn't start asking questions whether i'm OK or not. We'd gotten our food and settled down at an empty table; i picked at the food on my plate and regardless of the constant chatter from pupils filled the canteen, i bombarded my brain with thoughts of Nick's whereabouts. Why didn't he come in today? Because of me? My curious self questions were interrupted as Tina began chatting: persistent with 'Family' being the dominant subject of our talk. She continued to ask questions and disregarded the slight hints i made, for her to talk about something else. 

'Considering you used to live in London, God knows why you'd wanna leave to live here. Was it, i dunno, your Dad's job that made you guys move? Or maybe it's your...' she questioned me again and i just snapped. I slammed my fork down and darted my eyes at her, 'What's with all the questions, Tina! For crying out loud! What is this, some type of interrogation!! GOSH!!' i yelled, attracting unwanted attention to my self in the canteen. I pushed my chair back as i stood up to walk away, only to stop at the innocent expression on Tina's face. She seemed shocked, eyes wide, as she slowly slumped in her chair. I sighed, as i felt bad.

I was certain her questions where not intended to upset or annoy me, i thought to myself as i sat back down and placed my hands on hers. 'I'm sorry Tina. I didn't mean to snap at you; i know your just trying to get to know me and I'm just being a right cow, to you. I'm sorry. Friends?' I smiled sweetly, hoping she'll accept my apology. For a moment, it seemed she wasn't going to speak or respond to what i had said, but she soon did. 'Friends.' she pulled me into a quick hug and continued eating, like nothing happened. Thats what i like about Tina. She doesn't dwell but rather move on. I suddenly felt lucky, to have a friend like Tina; i smiled at this. 'Anyway enough about me. What about you? I know so far, you have three brothers, your mums a single parent...' i spoke, attempting to start conversation again, which Tina quickly complied to.

'Well, i have what seems like a hundred cousins all over England, as my mum has a lot of brothers and sisters. But she's closest to her older sister: Damien's mum, who lives round the corner from us. Thats why me and Damien come to the same school.' she said. 'Really? So what's the deal with him, anyway? Why is he such an egotistic pig? No offence.' I questioned, sounding really interested.

'None taken, Mia. Well, he's my mums sisters son. A total idiot at the best of times. Notorious for sleeping with more than half the girls in our year. The thing with Damien is, he thinks he's God's gift to teenage girls and with that, he chases anything in a skirt. Some call him the man- whore, the player, the gamer, or egotistic pig' she laughed and continued, 'whatever but unfortunately to me his just my cousin. He thinks he can have any girl at Whitewall High, so when you arrived and rejected him was totally out of the ordinary for him!' she explained. I smirked at the fact, i was proving to be the only girl to not fall for Damien's cheap charm; i thought as i noticed Tina's eyes averting to my necklace.