Chapter 1

Hello - the voice(Nyx)
Hello - the cultivators
Hello - on the screen

It was a somewhat normal day in the Gusu, all were busy with their daily morning activities, and students were getting ready to go for lectures as all the Lans in Cloud Recesses had been up for at least an hour already.

Soon all the disciples went to the dining hall to eat breakfast before lectures started. Judging by its liveliness you can tell that the Cloud Recesses has changed a lot these past three years, one being the obvious change was the Wall of Discipline, which now consists of less than 100 rules.

"Uncle, Huan-ge....little ducklings.... good morning." Said Lan Ying as he got into the dining hall. What greeted everyone in the dining hall was a warm sunny smile.

Who is Lan Ying you may ask?

Lan Ying is the infamous Yilling Laozu, Wei Ying courtesy Wuxian, the former head disciple of Yunmeng Jiang Sect. He married into the Lan Sect three years ago and became Lan-er-furen.
Lan Wangji's cultivation partner.

How could such a person be allowed into the Lan Sect?

Easy, because all his 'supposed crimes' were cleared and he was proven innocent. It may have taken them 16 years, but then again, he was also dead for those 16 years so all is good.

"Morning A-xian." Said Xichen as he smiled at him and continued to eat.

"Morning A-xian,... why are you up so early?" Asked Lan Qiren as he put down his chopsticks to converse with his nephew-in-law. He started getting along with him almost two years ago, and now he is his favorite out of all Cloud Recesses, even his nephews and grandnephews come last compared to him, how could he not though? Lan Ying is a ball of sunshine and now that there are no rules to confine him, he bloomed even more; such a pretty lotus.

"Morning A-Niang," said Lan Jingyi and Lan Sizhui in unison and they went back to eating, most of the students bowed as they had their mouths full. He then went to his seat next to his lovely husband.
"Early? Isn't it my turn to teach today?" He asked as he cutely tilted his head. Ever since they got close, they shared their teaching responsibilities and alternated their lessons.

"No I don't think so, today it's my turn. But, since you are here, you can teach and I'll monitor. Come, eat before class starts." Lan Qiren said as he picked up his chopsticks.

"Mmmhm okay no problem." Lan Ying replied as he sat next to his husband and kissed him.

"Morning A-zhan." He said after breaking away from the short but love-filled kiss, just because he and Qiren are close does not mean he can be that shameless as to have a make-out session in front of him.

"Morning A-ying." Replied his husband as he directed his chopsticks to feed his husband and Lan Ying ate happily.

After breakfast, they all headed to their respective places and their days started with a very happy atmosphere.

"Greetings Grandmaster Lan and Lan-er-furen." Greeted the disciples as they all migrated to their seats.
"Today you are going to be learning a special talisman that will benefit you during your night hunts." Said Lan Ying as he started explaining the needed inscriptions for the said talisman.

An hour into the class everyone had already understood the basis and were ready to start making their own talismans.
Just as they were about to head to the training field, a bright light flashed the entire class.

"A-xian! Are you okay!?" Asked a panicked Lan Qiren as he could not see anything but could hear the clatter of the disciples but not his nephew-in-law's calm voice in such circumstances and just like that, everything went dark.