Chapter 37

"With today's segment, I will be cutting a few people out. Those who wish to return to your world can do so but those who don't and aren't included in today's segment, can head to the resort or explore more of my world." Nyx gave them an ultimatum. She knew today's segment, including those few coming would be intense for a few of them so she wanted released them from the pressure, only wanting to bring them when the dust settles.

Jin Guanyao, "May I not participate, I want to go back to the resort please."
Before Mingjue can convince him otherwise, Nyx teleported him back, no questions asked. She understood though. Jin Guanyao may be relieved that he's not the reason for anyone's misfortune in the other world. But he still felt out of place, besides, such things should be a family moment, and he's not family.

There were a few Lan and Jiang elders who wanted to go back to their world. All the juniors and seniors sadly had to go back with them. The remaining few were of course sent back to the resort.
With them gone, those who were left were, Mianmian, Wen Qing, Wen Ning, Huaisang, Mingjue for Huaisang's emotional support as he figure his lover needed some time alone. The Jiang main family, the Lan main family, the quadruplets and finally, Wen Rouhan for Qiren's emotional support.

"Before you continue with today's segment, I want to talk to you separately please." Lan Ying announced as Wangji helped him up.

"Sure. But you don't have to get up though, I can simply just *snap* do this." Nyx moved her and Lan Ying to a private room.

Nyx, "What seems to be the problem."

Ying, "I am sure you already caught on but I can't let Lan Zhan to watch anymore."

Nyx, "I knew you'd say so, which is why I brought you here, you and Wangji will be in the privacy of this room, you can either react separately, watch series or do whatever, as long as you're comfortable."

Lan Ying beamed, "Thank you so much."

Nyx, "Not a problem. Let me get your husband in here." *snap*

¬¬¬¬¬

Sizhui, "Where are our parents, is A-Niang okay? Is it about the baby?"

Nyx, "Your parents are fine. They just requested a little privacy."

Jingyi, "Is A-die okay?"

"No he's not, but he has A-xian to get him through all this so I think he'll be joining us for the next segment."

Jingyi nodded as he and his brother went to their hurdle space with their friends. If Their A-niang was here he would be pampering them so their opted to cuddle together.

Nyx, "If everyone is set, then let's not delay and get on with the segment."

There was nothing he could do and he knew it, the more he felt Wuxian's life force leave her body, the more he fell into despair.

"PLEASE STOP!!! YOU ARE KILLING HER!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!" Wangji pleaded with all his might. The thought of losing his betrothed too soul-wrenching to phantom. He felt as though his heart was being ripped out of his chest. The pain too uncomfortable, too prickly, as if such a thing has happened before, as if someone precious to him was taken as he was defenceless to do anything yet again.

Wangji, "Don't take her away from me please, I am begging you." He whispered into Wuxian's hair as he cradled her.

"It's a good thing A-Zhan and A-Xian are not here. I can't bare to see him like this. Imagine if they had to witness all this." Madam Lan sniffled as she snuggled into her husband's hold.

Qiren, "It hasn't been long since they found each other again, if they were to go through that... if Wangji had to lose A-Xian again, it would kill him."