Chapter 9- Symphony of Fate

Tuesday.

There's not much I can say about Tuesday. It's not as bad as Monday, but it's towards the start of the week. On a Tuesday you feel a sense of dread knowing that you are still so far from the weekend.

Normally, I wouldn't have strong feelings going to school on Tuesday. But, today. I feel terrified. I'm most likely going to have to deal with Asami. I would skip, but I don't think I could get away with skipping class two days in a row. If my mom found out I was skipping class...

I found myself walking through the halls alone as per usual. I wasn't exactly popular here. I liked to walk alone to class and space out before class started. However, I didn't get that start of the day today.

"Oh, it's you, Y/N." A monotone voice says to me. "You won't believe what Sakura made me do after school yesterday."

I just met this girl the other day and she's acting like we're already close friends? Not that I mind. It's better than being alone.

"Good morning, Kiki. What happened?"

"I was pressured into playing music with Sakura and Keith. And it's all because they want to form a band with you."

"Oh really?" I blushed a little. "I didn't realize he wanted to form a band with me that badly."

Oh right. I almost forgot about that. But Kiki playing bass? I guess that means we have four members. Now all we would need is a drummer.

"So does that mean you're joining our band?" I ask her.

"I guess so. I mean, I have fun playing music with people, but it takes so much energy." She yawns.

"Don't you think everything takes a lot of energy?"

"Fair point. Anyways, Sakura talked with your boss and she said two things that you should know. First thing, you don't work Thursday, so could you check out the musical art club? And second, apparently someone named Sayo wants to ask you out after some sort of contest."

...

EEHH?!

Sayo wants to ask me out?! I feel my face turn even redder. What does that girl even see in me? Why would she fall for me?

"Y-yeah, I'll check out the club on Thursday." I say.

"Cool. See you then I suppose."

She walks off and I go to my classroom. Waiting at my desk is Asami.

"Oh? I was starting to think you wouldn't show up after yesterday." She grins.

"Why don't you just back off?"

"If you want me to leave you alone, then perhaps we shall make a deal~?"

"... A deal?"

She takes out a flyer and sets it on my desk. It's a competition at a live house called Dub taking place in two weeks. The winner gets five thousand yen.

"I heard that you're assembling a band now. Maybe if your excuse of a band can beat me at this, then I'll leave you alone. But~." Her grin widens. "If you lose, then you'll have to buy me lunch everyday for the next month~."