Chapter 13- What is the Fourth Wall?

"I choose no one."

That is my answer for now.

What? Am I supposed to tell everyone that I want to date all of them at the same time? I'm not the protagonist of a harem story... unless I am. I think the best course of action here is to have some time to think about this. After all, a relationship is something that should seriously be thought about. It isn't something you should carelessly jump into unless you want to get hurt. Needless to say, everyone looks shocked by my answer.

"So wait..." Lisa looks at me with a hurt expression. "You... don't want to be with any of us?"

"I never said that." I tell her. "Listen, I like all of you a lot. You all mean so much to me. But..."

"But what?"

"I need some time to decide. Is that alright with everyone?" I scan everyone's face. "It's not like I can just choose someone after being put on the spot like that."

"I suppose you're right." Yukina says. "Well, that's that. We will be patiently waiting for your answer. There's no rush. Isn't that right everyone?"

Everyone nods in agreement.

"Good to see. I was worried this would ruin our friendship at first." She scans the menu. "Let's all get something to eat. I see that they have a limited time cat cupcake desert."

Surprisingly, we moved on from that topic rather quickly. I'm glad that we didn't make it weird. Having multiple friends confess to you is something that is objectively weird and awkward. But after we all ordered and got food to eat, we chatted and had fun together.

I've hung out with Sayo and Yukina so far and soon, I'll be hanging out with Lisa. I still need a time to hang out with Rinko and Ako seeing as we haven't spent much time together when I haven't been working.

When it comes to who I will choose... if that person ends up being Ako, I think I'd wait to start a relationship. Unfortunately, whatever the outcome will be, I don't think everyone will be happy.

After being there for about an hour, we all parted ways and went home. The rest of the week flew by and it was finally time to find out what Lisa's surprise was.

The Weekend

I was having a great time sleeping, but of course my alarm clock yanks that precious time away from me. I slam my hand onto my clock and shut it off. It never matters how much sleep I get, I will always wake up feeling sleepy.

Not only that, for some reason when I wake up, I get this strange feeling that I'm a character in a story and the reader of that story is projecting themselves onto me. That must be my tired mind speaking. That's just an absurd thought to have. I shouldn't wake up with thoughts like that, after all it's now Saturday which means one thing...

It's time to hang out with Lisa. Although, I have no clue what we are going to do seeing as she wanted to keep her plans a surprise. I was never a fan of surprises.

I'm too tired to get out of bed. It wouldn't hurt to lay in bed a little longer. I pull out my phone and start playing my favorite rhythm game. The music in game is great and I like the characters from the it. They're teenage girls from Tokyo who form bands and perform at this live hou-

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

The sound of knocking at the door startles me, causing me to drop the phone on my face and lose my full combo.

"Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey~." I can hear my childhood friend, Lisa, greet from outside the door. "Are you awake?"

Lisa is already here? I was expecting us to hang out later. My mom really needs to stop letting my friends in without me knowing about it.