Sayo Ending- Learning to Love

"L/N-san, what is it?" She sees the ring in my hand and her eyes widen.

"Sayo, do you remember the day that we met?" I ask.

"Of course I do. How could I forget?"

"Do you remember what you said about falling in love?"

"I said I would never fall in love hole aiming for Future World Fes."

"Looks like you're not a woman of your words after all." I smile. "But... Future World Fes is behind us now, so does that mean your past self would find it acceptable to date?"

"I..." She looks uncertain on how to respond. "I don't know what to say..."

"Put your hand out."

She extends her hand towards me and I slip the ring on.

"You don't need to say anything. We both already know how you feel."

"I'm glad you feel this way." She looks at the ring on her finger. "This is a beautiful ring. How much did it cost?"

"Let's not get into that. It shows how I feel about you and that's all that matters."

"L/N-san."

"Yes?"

"I..." she struggles to get her words out. "I love you too. Now that we're dating, we must set boundaries and set up a first date. I've read all about dating online before I last confessed to you so I knew what I was getting into. After we set boundaries, we must-"

"Sayo." I interrupt her and grab her hand. It is tense for a moment before she allows herself to grab mine back. "Love is simple. We will figure this out together.

One Month Later

"Looks like the rain won't let up." Sayo says, sipping on her cup of coffee that has had too many cubes of sugar added to it.

"I hope it does. I was looking forward to our picnic today."

Here we are, the two of us, at her home waiting for the storm to pass. For our one month anniversary we planned on going on a picnic date, although it looks like it might have to wait... or possibly be postponed.

Her parents aren't home and neither is her clingy sister. It's just me and my girlfriend... alone... at her house...

No, Y/N. No dirty thoughts. Sayo wouldn't try to do something like that.

"It's a shame. I really wanted to show you this place." She sulks.

"Don't worry about it." I reassure her. "I enjoy all the time I spend with you. I hope I don't sound like Hina when I say that."

"Maybe just a little." She smiles.

We both laugh a little and notice that the rain is starting to die down. Before long, it stops and Sayo's eyes widen.

"It will be wet out there, but we can go." She gets up, wasting no time and grabs her picnic supplies and guitar. "We don't have a moment to lose. Let's go."

Just like that, we leave her home and go outside to a nearby park. We walk at an unhurried pace that Sayo sets, giving us enough time to take in the atmosphere. Just like at her home, we appear to be alone. No one is out just yet after the storm concluded. The sun is shining bright, but not beaming down extreme heat that would've made this a miserable hike, and the enticing smell that ensues after rain passes through fills my nostrils. A strong wind is carrying the clouds away with it. We reach the place Sayo wanted to sit at. It's a little hill overlooking a lake, surrounded by a sea of green trees. The view is beautiful, but-