Chapter 1

September 2nd 1975.

Morgan was having the worst day ever.

And it hadn't ever started.

It was the first day back at Hogwarts of her fifth year. Last night's banquet had been the same as ever and her summer had been... well uneventful. Full of social gatherings with old pureblood rich assholes, meeting up with her friends a couple of times and making the best she could out of the empty house while her parents worked.

As always, she was late. All her roommates had already left the dorm without even bothering to wake her up. In all fairness they probably would have gotten hexed so she didn't really blame them. Morgan Gaunt was not a morning person.

And honestly, not a rest of the day person either.

Not that she wasn't nice, she was, but other people were just idiots. Totally not her fault.

She shook her head and told herself to stop. She was just stressed and adding to that she couldn't find her tie anywhere in her trunk, when the girl tried to accio it nothing came out either, it was probably at home and had forgotten to pack it.

Fuck it, no tie it is. And apparently no shower either, thought the witch to herself looking at her watch.

Morgan looked at herself in the mirror and frowned. Her black hair was a mess, she looked pale, and her green eyes looked dull. All because of that stupid party the Hufflepuffs had thrown last night for the first day back.

With a few movements of her wand, Morgan took care of it making good use of all the beauty spells that were practically forced into any pureblood girl's brain.

Once she was happy with what the mirror showed her, the girl walked as fast as she could to the great hall, which was already empty, and grabbed a cup of coffee to drink on her way to class. She wasn't gonna make it through the day without it.

Once she had gone all the way back to the dungeons, honestly why did the castle had to be so fucking huge, Morgan came across a little girl who was clearly very lost and about to cry.

She was really close to getting into the classroom without the kid seeing her, but she did. Of course she did.

"Hi..uhm do you know where DADA is? I'm kinda lost" whimpered the little kid.

Yeah no shit.

"Two floors up, third door to the right" she started walking and was stopped once again by the cries of the first year.

"Hey, would you stop crying? You already know what to do, go and stop feeling sorry for yourself" harsh? Definitely, but she hadn't slept much, so it was understandable.

It did sprung the kid into action though, so it wasn't that bad. Unfortunately two boys suddenly stopped her.

Two quarters of the marauders interrupting her already shitty day. Perfect.

"Good morning, Gaunt, harassing little kids already? Moony you should definitely take some points" said the all mighty asshole to his friend. Who Morgan thought looked more stressed than herself, and it was obvious he just wanted to get to class too.

"Not so good anymore really, move before I hex the hell out of you" she rolled her eyes at him and tried to push past them, but Sirius followed her and stepped right in her way once again.

"Moony she is being quite aggressive towards me, you should do something, to protect my honor you know" said the boy with a smirk.

"Honestly, Black, your little obsession with me is embarrassing at this point", huffed Morgan trying to get away.