Chapter 50

March 8th, 1976.

To say Morgan's head was reeling was probably an understatement. But as she walked down the stairs to leave Gryffindor's tower, then through the endless corridors and lots of stairs once more, she couldn't help it.

She'd never thought they'd show up. Not because they wouldn't be worried she was actually scared, but rather because it was a pretty long shot that they would even buy it. Morgan wasn't one to get scared, and if she was, like hell she'd show it. So she was kind of disappointed they showed up if she was honest.

Then, of course, she realized that McGonagall wasn't taking her to her office, but rather to the Headmaster's. She'd said Lysandra and Matty were... oh, God, it was his birthday, she'd forgotten. She shook her head. She'd said they were with Dumbledore. And if her parents were there... no, no way. Dumbledore probably wasn't there himself.

Also, and probably totally inappropriate, but damn, McGonagall had interrupted her just when she'd decided she'd do it. Talk about bad timing. God, she had to stop thinking about that idiot, it would do her no good. And maybe if he just-

Morgan's thoughts stopped just like her body when she crashed into something. She looked up and saw McGonagall had stopped walking, making Morgan step on her foot. Oops.

"Ms. Gaunt," she turned around swiftly, a confused look on her face. "Are you all right? You look... distraught,"

That was one way to put it.

Morgan opened her mouth but then sighed and shrugged. She didn't feel like explaining. The woman already thought her a horrible person, she didn't have to cement that belief now.

McGonagall patted her back awkwardly which made Morgan bite back a smile. She said the password and the entrance to Dumbledore's office was revealed.

Morgan waited but the Professor didn't move. She looked at her and raised a brow.

"Oh, you go in, child," McGonagall said, her hand pointing at the stairs. "They're in there, and I have a class now,"

"Oh, right," Morgan nodded a few times and looked at the gargoyle up at the entrance. McGonagall gave her a look and Morgan took a sharp breath before starting her ascend.

"You think he actually does shit here? Or, you know, only sits in this office and looks at people with that wisdomsy look and schemes how to fucking get ahead?"

Yeah. That was her father.

"Oh, I believe he sits right here and catalogs alumni by how much they can be of use," her mother replied just when Morgan walked in.

She was sitting in Dumbledore's chair, leaned back and with her legs up his desk, her hands messing around with the things on it with no respect whatsoever. Her father standing behind Alexis, his hands on her shoulders. He was in an elegant suit, one for work, and didn't have a single hair out of place.

Morgan looked at the scene and couldn't help but chuckle. Why Dumbledore would leave these two in his office was beyond her. They obviously didn't like him one bit. They never had.

They looked up at her when they heard her laugh even though she was sure they knew she was there from the moment she walked up those stairs. Morgan irreverently waved a hand at them.

"Hello, darling," her father walked up to her and kissed her cheek, giving her a quick hug. Morgan's mom smiled at her from the desk and waved right back in a mocking manner. So mature. She had her honey blonde hair half up with gold pins keeping it in place and all-black clothes.

Morgan stepped back, getting out of the hug, and crossed her arms over her chest. She pursed her lips together and looked at both her parents. "You two definitely don't look like you spent the entirety of yesterday planning a murder. Is there a guilty free spell I don't know about, or..."