Chapter 18

October 31st, 1975.

Morgan probably looked like an idiot right now. About ten bags hanging from her arms and a few more levitating behind her. All because she had forgotten to bring her extendable bag and because that morning she was in a hurry.

She woke up around six. Enough time to fix an entire country's problems, you know. But then her bed was so soft and warm that she fell asleep again. One of the best things of being home was sleeping in her gigantic bed. But that meant Misty stormed into her room, telling her that she was going to be super late. It was almost eight when that happened, which already made it hard for her to waltz into Hogwarts unnoticed. When she asked why she had woken her up so late, Minsty apologized profoundly, saying she didn't want to bother her. Nice. But not useful. And her parents had left for work without even thinking about her having to be somewhere else. So, yeah.

Now, it was almost time for classes, but there was no way she'd start the day without coffee. Lots of it. She had stayed up pretty late last night in the library. She had snuck in a few muggle books that she had bought that day in Paris and had a pretty hard time putting them down. One more chapter. One more hour. It was a vicious circle. But she could not go to sleep until the whole thing was figured out in the book. Plus, Misty had brought some tea and chocolate for her. The privacy she could never get at Hogwarts was what she always missed so much.

So that morning, Misty had apparated her back to Scotland, leaving Morgan alone with the mission of getting to the castle unnoticed. Which would've been easier without all the things she had gotten on the shopping day at Paris. Her mother had kept her promise, and they spent the Sunday like that. Walking around, drinking coffee and a wild variation of food in different places and just buying anything that looked nice. A few of those things were left at home, but a lot of them had to go to Hogwarts with her.

So that's why she looked ridiculous. Avoiding people, her and her luggage, until she got to the dungeons. She left everything there and put her uniform on in record time. No robes that day because she didn't feel like having a fucking cape on. Just the skirt and shirt.

When she got out of her room, she almost fell down the stairs because of something that was in her way. The girl looked around, searching for someone to corroborate she wasn't going mad, but no one was there. She knelt down and narrowed her eyes.

A bunny was there. Eating a shoe as if nothing in this world could bother him ever. The little creature didn't even look at her when she picked it up and took the shoe from its mouth, "Ew,"

She held it up high, looking at it and frowned. It looked exactly like the one she had as a child. His fur was like a rainbow, with all seven colors. For a moment, she thought it was her own. But she had killed that bunny years ago. By accident, of course. Sort of. It all included an experiment with some potions that were supposed to make the bunny talk, but, well... didn't. It kind of did the opposite. The bunny, Rain, had its sacred place on the family cript, much to her parents' annoyance.

She made her way to the great hall, bunny in arms, and to no one's surprise, everyone was still there, even though classes started in twenty minutes. She sighed, annoyed. So much noise. And people. Too many people. Students having breakfast, talking as loudly as humanly possible. Fighting, flirting, teasing. She loved Hogwarts. She also loved being alone. That weekend, even though it kicked her arse with lessons by her mother, had been a much needed social battery recharge. She didn't like people all that much.

Morgan went to the Slytherin table, and when she saw the state her friends were in, she almost left Hogwarts again. Who needed to study anyway? She would learn more at home. Things that were far more useful, that was for sure.