Chapter 35

December 24th, 1975.

"Ms. Gaunt," Mr. Lestrange said with a surprised expression, "You shouldn't be here,"

"I shouldn't be here?" Morgan chuckled in mocking. "It's my house. And this, gentleman," she pointed at them with a wave of her hand, "is called trespassing,"

Morgan didn't take her eyes off Riddle's, and he stared right back. The girl noticed none of them had gone for their wands when she burst in and Morgan was thankful for that because hers was in her room. The dress didn't have pockets, sue her. Whether it was a lack of desire for a fight or an underestimation of the witch, she didn't care because it definitely didn't hurt. The room, thankfully, was only a small study that no one in the house used. Only a desk with some chairs. A controlled environment.

"I just needed to talk with my son in private. We'll go down now," The man said rapidly. Morgan could see him out of the corner of her eye as he looked between his would-be son and the witch.

Morgan slowly smiled, the movement full of dry amusement as she stared into the young man in front of her. "Rodolphus... I haven't seen you in so long, you almost look like a completely different person,"

"We're sorry about being here, Ms. Gaunt," He said politely. But as he looked around the room, he clicked his tongue in disappointment. "It's just that the wards were so weak, we didn't even think it was forbidden to wander a little,"

"Oh, the wards are strong. But they are smart too. If I were to want to pass one, it'd require a simple unlocking spell, because it recognizes blood," she started explaining casually, but with a look on her face that told him she knew exactly who she was talking to. "If it were anyone else that the wards don't recognize... well, let's just say that if Mr. Lestrange here tried putting one down, he'd be a corpse in only seconds,"

It was there. And Morgan smirked when she saw the surprise on his face even if it was masked in the blink of an eye. Only a Gaunt, or someone authorized, could put the wards down so easily. Anyone else that tried would not meet a happy ending. And whether she liked it or not... this arsehole had Gaunt blood. She'd have to tell her parents to change the spells and to keep this fucker out.

"They must have failed-" Mr. Lestrange started. As if tricking Morgan would be that easy. Or maybe he didn't know about his master's true origins and believed they'd been able to walk into that room because of sheer pure luck.

"She knows, my friend. She knows quite a lot more than we thought, actually," he said in a hiss-like tone that was nothing like Morgan had ever heard Rodolphus sound.

Morgan had just told him she knew of his heritage. She knew who he was, who his parents were, and how damning that was for his blood status.

The girl only gave Tom an irreverent grin and pointed at the door, "I'll walk you back, Rodolphus... Mr. Lestrange,"

"I'm afraid your knowledge is not something I can let you walk out of here with, Ms. Gaunt," He said, and the mocking sadness on his face made her roll her eyes. He raised a brow at the lack of fear and Morgan really struggled to understand what this moron had to make him so feared.

"Well, that's a damn shame," Morgan shrugged and then added with a click of her tongue. "And by the way, Rodolphus calls me Mor. I'd do my homework next time I play dress up. Just a tip,"

"Morgan Gaunt," Riddle said, her name slowly left Rodolphus' lips, as if savoring each syllabus. "I've heard quite a lot about you,"

"All bad I hope," she gave a mocking bow and heard Lestrange swearing at her irreverence. He looked like he wanted nothing to do with the possible murder of the Gaunt Heiress and Morgan was inclined to agree. She didn't either. "Why are you here? Did you want to have a family reunion? You could've written to us first, just saying,"