Chapter 46

March 5th, 1976.

"Do we really have to go? It's freezing," Ophelia groaned as she was forced to walk under the falling snow.

"Trust me, I'd like nothing more than to stay in bed," Morgan said through chattering teeth, the endless layers of clothing doing nothing to warm her. "I promised James I'd be there,"

"Right, James," Ophelia said with a frown and Morgan raised a brow in question. The girl sighed. "Nothing, he just... I kind of hope they win."

Morgan nodded slowly, pretending not to be shocked by that statement, instead replying casually. "Yeah, no, me too. They better win or I'll have to put up with his moaning for weeks,"

"Don't let Flint hear you. Ever," Ophelia chuckled, then asked. "You haven't been with them as much lately, though,"

"Right," Morgan cleared her throat and shrugged. "I'm kind of... avoiding Sirius,"

"I imagined," the girl said with a roll of her eyes as if this was something that happened every other week. Offensive. "What did he do now?"

"He's just so..." Morgan scowled. "Frustrating. He said some things and..." She sighed, hoping Ophelia wouldn't ask what those things were because Morgan was pretty tired of lying to her.

"And you got mad and stopped talking to him," Ophelia finished for her with a pointed look. "You kind of always do that,"

"Hey!" Morgan smacked her in the arm and her buried feet in the snow almost made them both fall. "I had my reasons. Why do you think I'm the one in the wrong?"

"I didn't say that," Ophelia defended herself.

Morgan deadpanned. "But you thought it,"

"You're bloody right I did," she scoffed and with a sigh asked. "Are you still mad about whatever it is he did, or is it something else?"

Morgan hated it when Ophelia read her like that. So annoying. Probably what people felt like when she did it. Huh, look at that.

"I hate you," Morgan mumbled and when the girl gave her a cut the bullshit look, the witch admitted. "He might have not been wrong. And I just don't want to face it. Or have that conversation. So yes, I am avoiding Sirius Black. Which turns out is pretty hard when he won't do me a solid and avoid me back,"

"Yeah, I saw him," Ophelia chuckled. "He's always there, lurking. And you just run the other way,"

"Shut up. He's just..." Morgan shrugged and Ophelia hit her in the head when she couldn't stop a smile.

"For Slytherin's sake, Morgan Gaunt," Lia pulled them both to a stop when they got to the pitch, before they started going up the stairs, and looked seriously at her. "Don't be an unhappy bitch just because you're scared,"

"Who said anything about him making me happy?" Morgan whispered-yelled at her in case the people going to their seats tried to hear. "I don't like him,"

"I didn't say you do," Lia shrugged and smirked. "You denying it, though... I don't know. Maybe you should stop pretending you don't and deal with those feelings. You know, for a change,"

"Don't," Morgan shook her head and completely ignored her words as she started making the way up.

"What?" Ophelia chuckled as she caught up to her. "I thought giving each other unwanted romantic advice was our thing,"

Morgan scowled at her over her shoulder and the blonde girl laughed. Fine, she had it coming that one for being so pushy about Lia and Nott and how she did not approve. And her attempts to get her with James. Fine, yeah. It definitely was their thing.