Chapter 51

April 3rd, 1976.

"James, you son of a bitch, get out of the bathroom. Now!" Morgan yelled, her fists knocking over and over on the door hard enough to make a hole.

"Morgan!" Peter groaned from his bed. "I'm trying to sleep here, woman,"

"We're already late, Pete, but you do you," she shot back and then added louder. "And Mr. Potter in there better hurry the fuck up or I will-"

"Fine, fine! I'm out, Jesus," James exclaimed when he suddenly opened the door and saw Morgan's angry look. "Although I wouldn't go in there if I were you, darling,"

"Out of my way, pretty boy," Morgan gritted out, and pushing him out of the way, she stepped into the bathroom. Now, his warning had been valid. The smell, for Slytherin's sake. "Oh, my God, James. What on earth did you eat?"

"Not sure," he shrugged a shoulder and gave her an I told you so look.

"He did warn you!" Remus yelled at her while he frantically gathered all his things. Apparently, everyone had slept in that day. "Where the fuck are my books? Where?" He kept mumbling to himself and Morgan rolled her eyes. She was seeing the damn books right from where she stood.

Morgan walked into the bathroom holding her breath and was out in record time, a glass of water in her hand as she walked to Sirius' bed and emptied the contents of it right on his face.

She didn't stay for the consequences, instead, she went to the mirror a few paces away and finished curling her hair. She heard Sirius punching someone and she sighed. Men. The victim was James who, in all honesty, had it coming after making the bathroom a nuclear bomb zone.

"Why the actual fuck would you do that?!" Sirius screamed, looking for his wand to dry himself, his hair all sticking to his face.

"I didn't!" James shot back, his hand touching his cheek and pretending to be seriously hurt. "Why would you punch me?"

"I didn't!" Sirius mimicked James' previous words in a taunting tone that made James go and tackle Sirius to the floor.

Morgan looked at their fighting reflection in the mirror and gritted her teeth together. There was no way she'd spend another day in this men-infested, pathetic excuse of a room. No. Fucking. Way.

"Where are they-"

"Remus!" Morgan snapped, not being able to keep hearing his mumbling. "They're literally right by your bedside table. Just fucking look,"

Remus glared at her, his messy hair on his eyes taking away the effect, and when he turned to look in that direction he said with a bright smile, "Oh, there they are. My books,"

Not even a thank you.

"Peter, wake up right now. McGonagall will kill you if you miss her class again," she said as she walked up to his bed and torn the sheets off of him.

The boy groaned, complaining loudly about the sun in his eyes and about how annoying Morgan was. She clicked her tongue. And that's what you get for drinking firewhiskey on a school night... and not having a potion to avoid being hungover right after. Of course, Morgan had been twice as drunk as that idiot. And yet she felt fine. Because potion.

She turned around once Peter finally got out of bed and she saw Sirius looking at her, the knowing look on his face telling her he'd figured out who the responsible for his wet hair was. She smiled sweetly and flipped him off, the boy only laughing in return.

"So I do it and I get punched in the face," James said and dramatically pointed at Morgan. "She does it and she gets loving eyes and a silly laugh. I demand retribution,"