Chapter 39 - 7 years

Next chapter is the last 😧

-

Y/n and Akito graduated university and celebrated it together fortunately enough. Then weeks later, the day when Vbs was going to surpass Rad Weekend was today.

+

"Everyone just stay calm and do your best!" An said outside the venue.

"Remember to just focus on ourselves and the music!" An added.

"Mhm! You can do it!" Y/n cheered.

An, Kohane and Toya nodded before walking inside back stage.

"Akito? Aren't you going to go in?" Y/n asked.

Akito took a deep breathe before walking up to Y/n and held her hand.

...

"If we surpass Rad Weekend. Will you marry me?" Akito asked.

...

"That's unfair isn't it Akito?" Y/n chuckled.

"We both know the answer don't we?" Y/n grinned.

...

Akito smiled back before kissing Y/n's hand and started to walk back stage.

"Do your best Akito! This is the big day!!" Y/n said out loud.

Akito couldn't stop smiling to be honest. He felt really confident and happy, he was glad all those years of practice and Y/n being there for him led up to this day.

Plus, he had something to win for.

+

"Next up! The amazing, talented and confident street band group of all time! Vivid Bad Squad!" The mc announced.

The crowd went wild upon their entrance that Y/n couldn't even hear herself.

"Today is the day we show everyone that all of our years of practice has led up to this moment!" An said.

The crowd cheered even more.

Y/n was feeling excitement rush through her until she felt a familiar presence next to her.

"O/b/n!....and Reiko?! No way!" Y/n gasped.

"Today is the big day so why not!" O/b/n said with a smug smile.

"Let's see what Vivid Bad Squad has got in store! Maybe I would become a fan of theirs by the end! Who knows?!" Reiko said.

Y/n felt even more excitement before Vbs started singing.

The atmosphere was not the same. It was better. It was almost suffocating to Y/n because everyone was so hyped up.

"Y/n the atmosphere is so...strong?!" Reiko exclaimed.

"I know!? I was not prepared for this!" O/b/n said.

"Expect the unexpected for a 2 day event like this!" Y/n replied.

+

At the end Y/n was completely amazed. It was way better than she expected and it was definitely a win to her.

"Man if they don't win then I won't believe that!" Reiko said.

"I agree!" O/b/n nodded.

"Let's watch the rest!" Y/n said.

O/b/n and Reiko nodded.

+

After a few bands Vbs still was the winners to Y/n. O/b/n and Reiko thought the same. Until the MC decided to say the results.

"What a lively live house it was today! The bands who performed definitely competed with years of practice! But today there is 1 winner who definitely deserves the prize!"

...

Akito, An, Kohane and Toya were waiting for the results. They were very nervous needless to say.

Akito's heart was racing in anticipation.

...

"Congratulations...Vivid Bad Squad!!" The MC announced.

"THEY DID IT Y/N!!" Reiko and O/b/n shouted while the whole live house cheered in celebration loudly.

Y/n couldn't stop smiling and even felt herself tear up.

Vivid Bad Squad came up to the stage. An was over the moon along with Kohane. Toya even had slight sparkles in his eyes while Akito had a huge grin on his face.

Y/n noticed Akito's bracelet shine from the lights which shocked her surprisingly. Akito still wears their matching bracelets even during performances.

"Thank you everyone!" They all said.

Y/n couldn't help but run up to Reiko and basically cry. She was so happy for them that their years of hard work paid off.

Reiko just laughed and patted Y/n's head.

"Y/n do you prefer me over O/b/n?" Reiko said.

"I DO!!" Y/n sobbed.

"Y/n what the heck?! Who helped you watch their shows when you were at uni for four years huh?!" O/b/n commented.

"Go away O/b/n! You can't handle the truth!" Reiko said.

"Reiko noo!" O/b/n whined before hugging Reiko.

Reiko sighed.

+

When Vbs walked out of the stage Reiko dragged both of the siblings out of the live house.

"Y/n..you can....go to your boyfriend now.." Reiko huffed.

"Thank you Reiko!!" Y/n sniffled before running behind the live house.

+

Y/n saw Akito waiting for her. Y/n immediately ran up to him and tackled him into a hug resulting the two to fall to the ground...unfortunately.

"YOU DID IT AKITOO!" Y/n said.

"Y/n?! You're crying?!" Akito exclaimed.

"Akito you did so well!!" Y/n said burying her face into his neck.

"Y/n seriously...you are that happy?" Akito slightly chuckled.

"What have I been doing these past years if I wasn't?!" Y/n replied.

"That doesn't make sense but..thank you." Akito said with a gentle smile.

Akito sat up which also made Y/n sit up. Akito pulled Y/n out of the hug before wiping her tears.

"Y/n you are crying as if you were the one who performed." Akito said.

"I can't help it! You achieved your dream right in front of my eyes!" Y/n said.

Akito chuckled.

"Y/n you really care about my passion don't you?" Akito said.

Y/n nodded.

Akito smiled before helping Y/n stand up.

Y/n suddenly felt her heart race. She had no idea why.

...

"Y/n. Thank you for being a part of my life. Without you I would've never understood the feelings you gave me for these past few years. You truly mean so much to me...so."

...

"Will you marry me?"