Chap. 1 -A new life-

It had been a rough year for you. Your parents died in a car crash, coming from work. A drunk driver was responsible, and you were sad that you couldn't say goodbye. Your Grandma and Grandpa were taking care of you, but to say they were good, was a lie.
⚠️warning: abuse⚠️
SLAM! A door shut, your grandma was pissed. Her only daughter was dead, and she was blaming you. She never did like you, she only pretended for her daughter's sake. But now that she's gone, your grandma was always mean, same with your grandpa. You were roughly 8 to 9 years old, but with your size from malnutrition and abuse, you could easily pass as 5 or 6. You could hear Grandma yelling, she was stomping and complaining about you, nothing new. She'd put hands on you before, damaging your vocal chords. She held you up against a wall by your throat, squeezing on your vocal chords, just so you couldn't talk.
You decided to leave, crawling through a window, landing in a bush, minor scrapes on your body. You started just running. Running away from your grandparents. Soon, you reached a small alleyway, between apartment buildings, and hid. You knew basic things, like how to create cover, so you took an old blue tarp you found. With a few loose boxes of cardboard, some heavy rocks, you had a little hut. You had some clothes on, so you were somewhat covered. You'd just sit and contemplate what went wrong for your life to be this way. This happened everyday for a month, and your grandparents didn't bother looking for you.

The next month went by fast, mostly you just sitting in your hut, and looking for food. A man was more than happy to take you in, but your trust was destroyed, making it seem impossible to create new relationships. He understood that, but continued giving you food, and the occasional clothes, but mainly food. You were wary the first few times, even scared the man might hurt you. Your heart needed a special healing. Little did you know, the world would gift you what you deserved.

It was sunset when Dateko high let the volleyball players out of practice. 2 first year boys, Futakuchi Kenji and Takenobu Aone, were walking home together, going through different neighborhoods to get home.
"So Nobu, how do you think practice went? I think it went by too slow, especially with Kamisaki always bickering." The brunette said. He was a bit more driven in his goals, and had the ambition to prove it. The taller, white haired male just shrugged, not very vocal and tends to want to hide. He shrugged as if to say 'I didn't mind how practice went. And I agree, kamisaki was a bit more boastful today.' Futakuchi nodded, and continued on walking. It was about 5 to 10 minutes until Aone stopped, The brunette stepped forward only to not notice his partner was behind him.
Aone was looking in an alley where you were hiding, you didn't make a noise, or so you thought. Perks of being quiet is you hear more than the average person, and Aone had that perk. He stooped down to your height, and took his backpack and jacket off, holding it open as to invite you in. Futakuchi was staring dumbfoundly, confused as to what was his friend doing.
"Uh, Nobu?" He asked, only to get a 'shh' in response. Futakuchi crouched down as well, in hopes of seeing what his friend saw. You hesitantly stepped out from under the cardboard box, unsure who was outside of your hiding spot, you peek around the small corner, and found 2 boys, of enormous height (cuz ur like really short) crouched down to your level. You gasp, and try to find the strength to run through them, but something stopped you. It was the White Hair that stood out to you. He had a face that was kind and gentle, almost smiling. You could tell he wanted to help, as well as the brunette next to him. Both of them gave you space, not wanting to overwhelm you. You got up, wobbling a bit, and slowly walked to observe the boys closer. You couldn't talk, so you made little noises to convey what you wanted.
The white haired boy looked at your small figure, taking note of how much visible damage there was. Giving out his hand, he laid it flat in the air, letting you touch him on your own time. You flinched, but soon relaxed as he wasn't going to do anything. You eyed the jacket he was holding still, you were cold. He noticed and slowly eased you into his jacket. It was warm, really warm. You haven't felt like this in forever it seemed. You started to fall asleep, but trying to resist it proved futile. Aone carefully picked you up, still wrapped in his jacket, and headed home. Futakuchi was speechless, both wanting to not wake you, and in surprise on how his giant friend got a tiny child to temporarily trust him.

You woke up in a fuzzy blanket, still also wrapped in a Dateko jacket. Your stomach growled, nothing you weren't used to. You got up, noticing small bandaids on the scrapes and cuts you had, all different colors. You also noticed your right arm wrapped in a fabric bandage. You took the jacket and went to find food, getting lost a few times throughout the house. It was bright, and looked welcoming, all neutral tones painted the walls. You heard clanking of pots and headed that way. You soon arrive in a kitchen and dining area. A head full of white hair caught your eye, smiling at you as you carefully walked by. It was a female this time, although a bit older. Hopefully not grandma age.
"Hello sweetie, did you enjoy your sleep? Aone brought you in and you looked so peaceful sleeping. I made you some food if you're hungry, which I think you are." The woman said, bringing a plate of small onigiri to fit in your mouth. You were careful around new people, but this woman looked like the boy who picked you up. Could she be his mother?
"I'm the boy's mother, you may call me Emi, or anything you want. Here, eat something." The woman, or Emi, gently picked up some chopsticks and handed them to you. You take them quickly from her, not wanting to be around someone at the moment. You couldn't tell her you can't speak, but she gave such a reassuring smile like she knows. You started to eat the onigiri, which had some small bits of meat and vegetables stuffed inside, it was delicious. The woman gazed as you continue to eat, remembering how your appetite will change as you recover.
You heard a door shut, presumably the front door, and saw the teen who picked you up.
"Hi momma, have you seen my old clothes? I want to make sure the child has decent enough clothes." He asked, his voice not at all what you were expecting. He didn't notice that you were at the table until you dropped the chopsticks accidentally. Once they hit the floor you started tearing up, not wanting to be punished, but it never came. You look up and saw, who was Aone, hold your chopsticks with a reassuring smile. You carefully took them back, not expecting such response from these people. You always thought that if you dropped something, you'd get hit. Nothing came of it as the teen sat down with you, watching every twitch at a sudden sound. He made sure to take notes and talk to the doctor about it.
You finished eating the meal, bowing your head as to say 'thank you', which the woman understood with a smile. About an hour after eating, was bath time. You haven't had a bath, or any bathing for a while for when that happened, your grandpa was there with you, doing stuff you didn't like. To say you were scared and unwilling was an understatement.  You ran immediately away from the teen boy, who held a towel like he did his jacket, and crouched onto your level. You ran into a random room, into the closet and under some clothes. You could hear the teen looking in each room, opening and closing doors. You breathe heavily, not wanting to be caught. The closet door opened, revealing the mom, carefully picking you up from the pile of clothes. You were shaking, crying, and struggling to be free of the grasp the woman had on you.
She started to rub your head soothingly, calming your nerves, where only slight shaking and soft hiccups were heard. Soon, shifting from the woman's side, you see a tub full of colors. Usually baths were plain and dull looking, but blues, pinks, and purples were seen swirling in the water. This piqued your interest. The lady set you down to let you investigate, letting you get comfortable in the environment. She gestured to your worn clothes, wanting to rid of them quickly so you don't get sick. You sigh in defeat, but secretly grateful it was the woman giving you a bath.

There you were, sitting in the bath, with your head over the bath's edge, with the woman washing your body softly. You were covered in dirt, so she made quick work of getting the soap on the bath sponge, letting you play around with it before taking it and rubbing the dirt off. It felt oddly nice, usually it was a harsh scrubber meant for your feet that greeted your body, not something soft. The lady took some water and rinsed your body in warm water. Your hair getting washed as well. Soon, bath was over, and you were in a bath towel, getting dressed in boy's clothes, for that is what the white haired family had from the tiny Aone. The woman saw the marks that dressed your body, and applied a scar cream to ease the harshness of the scars.
Aone had just finished his homework before the door opened, revealing a tiny child in matching dog pajamas. You froze, remembering how you acted earlier, and frowned. You weren't used to this kind of treatment, so you didn't know how to be a child.
"I- sow-rry" you manage to say. It was choppy because of your damaged vocal chords, but Aone managed to understand and smile. You look in wonderment as he carefully picked you up, and whispered things you wished you heard from your grandparents. You stifle out a yawn as Aone prepared the bed for both of you, and holding you close, as to say 'I will protect you from now on.' He snuggles you close to his chest and falls asleep, you not far behind. As you close your eyes, you wondered what else this new life has for you.

End of chapter 1