Ch. 15 -Karasuno-

Today, you get to join the Dateko team and go to the practice match against Karasuno. You join Aone to get ready and head out, munching on breakfast. Emi shouts to have a good day, and you're off.
You were excited to see new people after some time. It got quite a bit boring seeing the same faces over again, so it was about time to meet some people. The school day went by as normal, but at the end of the day, the volleyball club got to leave early. You couldn't wait until Aone picked you up, so you decided to slip out about a minute before the bell rang. You knew he was on the second floor since those classes were for 2nd years. You slip out undetected with all your stuff and book it. A worker noticed only a second after and ran to catch you. You were halfway up the stairs running towards the upper floor, with the worker hot on your tail.
RING
You heard the bell dismiss the volleyball players and look both ways for Aone. A couple of other students were also leaving, taking advantage of the early dismissal. A blur of white caught your attention, and you ran with full speed. Launching yourself, you land on Aone's leg with him shocked. The worker finally caught up and apologized deeply for the trouble. Aone waved it off as nothing but excitement.
You look up and cheekily giggle as Aone picked you up. He could tell you were excited, but not enough to have thought of running out of the daycare. Futakuchi was telling Aone about a redhead that snuck into the training camp he went to at Shiratorizawa. He was explaining how the redhead wasn't invited.
"He just waltzed right in like he owned the place! It was so awkward, too! Koganegawa was ecstatic to have someone as hyper as him to play with, but the shrimp didn't get to play. He just hung out." Futakuchi explained. Aone hummed in acknowledgment. You were too antsy to wait and kept wiggling in excitement, seeing the rest of the team get on the bus. The players got in one by one, and Aone and you were last. Once he finds an empty seat, he puts you near the window with the iPad. He knows you like to look out the window, so he gave up the window seat for you.
Futakuchi was sitting across from Aone by an aisle, so both were facing each other while talking.
It was about a 30 min ride to Karasuno. You were looking out the window for a good 10 minutes before getting bored and decided to watch YouTube for the rest of the time. Aone tilted his phone so you could watch what he was watching. It showed a compilation of animal fails. Once you felt the bus slow down, you looked out to see a building that blended it with the surroundings. You weren't able to differentiate each building with each other until you saw a man with big glasses come out waving his arms around. The bus pulled to the left and parked. You were squealing in excitement until coach Oiwake spoke.
"Alright, before we go in, tiny stays with me until all of you go inside. Are we clear?" A chorus of 'yes sirs' were heard. You deflate in disappointment. You wanted more friends to play with, but of course, volleyball always got in the way.
Aone picked you up and put you with the coach before getting his stuff and heading out with the rest of the team. You sit huffing in boredom.
"You'll be able to meet the players after the match, ok? I know you want to meet them, but our boys can get stronger and play more, resulting in a lot more new people to meet." Coach Oiwake said, holding your hand. He then says to follow him since all the players are out. Stepping carefully out the bus, you see the lineup of players.
"Thank you." You heard very loudly, walking up to the doors. Oiwake was still holding your hand, now walking through the metal doors. The opposite players turn their heads as a quieter 'thank you' was said. You look for the white-haired boy of your brother and run to his legs. He gives you a pat on the head and tells you to sit with the coach. You run with your short legs to the bench where Oiwake was seated and hopped onto the bench to play on your iPad. The game started, catching your attention. Due to the lower quality of the gym you were in, everything was much louder. Oiwake noticed and pulled out your headphones, connecting them and placing them on your head. You felt much safer without the banging of loud noises. After the first set, a 5 minute break was issued, and you took your chance to explore the smaller gym. Still holding your bear, you ventured into a closet, surprised to see so much equipment in the small room. You saw a stray volleyball and decided to put it in the basket. A player from the opposite team came in and saw you trying to put back the ball.
"Here, lemme help." A blond boy said behind you, you jumped in surprise but relaxed as you saw the jersey. The blond boy took the spare ball and helped you put it back.
"I'm Kinoshita. Do you have a name?" He asked. His voice is like a middle ground between teen and adult, still cracking, but deep enough to pass as an adult. You think about how to say your name until you remember the nickname other players gave you.
"Tiny-chan." You answer shyly, holding your bear up to your nose to hide your face. You never talked to strangers by yourself before, so you were a bit shy. Aone was always there to speak for you since you both seem to communicate telepathically. A whistle blew, signaling the end of the first break. Kinoshita extended his hand for you to take to lead back to your coach. You hold his finger in caution, and out both, you went to the court.
The second set was still just as boring as the first one, and also just as loud. Both teams rotated their players so everyone got a chance to play. You got bored and decided to explore the sidelines, carefully paying attention to where the ball was, too. There were a couple of people that caught your eye at the end of the court, one blonde with a side ponytail, and the other with sleek black hair. You run over to the blond girl and tug on her pant leg. She looks down in surprise and is startled at the fact a child was here. She took a quick breath and introduced herself.
"Hello, tiny child. Are you with the team?" You nod.
"Well, I'm Hitoka Yachi, one of the managers. It's nice to meet you!" She smiled. You were trying to say her name.
"Heetoka." You tried. It was pretty close considering your medical situation. Yachi laughed nervously, rubbing the back of her neck. She then stopped and turned to the water bottles.
"Hey, you wanna help me with filling the water bottles? We could do your teams too if you want." She offered. You nodded vigorously and headed to the coach to tell him. He smiled and nodded, heading out to get the water bottles for his team. After getting the wagon, Yachi and you headed to the water fountain and started filling them up. After a few minutes, all the water bottles were filled and sorted by teams. Heading back, you were admiring the blonde's smile and didn't see where you were going. You knocked into someone, dropping your bear at their feet. You shake and hold your head to get rid of the dizziness. When you look up, you were met with who you thought was your mom. The kind face, with sleek black hair and glasses. You freeze at the sight, about to cry. Tears started to form in your eyes as you started remembering memories of your mother. A loud cry froze the players in place as you wailed for 'mommy'. The teen who you thought was mom didn't know what was happening, and the blonde was panicking, thinking she did something wrong.
Aone was quick to pick you up and comfort you, quicker than blocking Hinata. He rubbed circles on your back, whispering sweet reassurances in your ear. Everyone on the court was frozen in disbelief.
After calming down, he apologized and explained why you reacted that way.
"I'm so sorry about this -"
"It's ok, I'd never expected to be called mommy so early in my life." The girl said, interrupting Aone. He continued, "You look just like their birth mother, who passed away unexpectedly a few years ago. That's why they're crying." He replied. The girl looks in disbelief before he pulls out his phone from his bag and shows her the photo of your birth parents. The girl shows the lightbulb in her head as she connects the pieces.
"Oh, I'm so sorry, little one, but I'm not your mommy." She caresses your head softly. You sniffle a few times before her words register in your head. You started crying again, but more of embarrassment and sadness than disappointment. She hands you your bear as she introduces herself.
"I'm Kiyoko Shimizu. It's nice to meet you." She smiled softly. Her smile comforts you like your mother's did, so you slowed your crying. "Ki-oko." You stuttered out, still teary-eyed but not crying. She wipes your tears with a tissue and continues to smile as you're carried away by Aone back to coach Oiwake. You sit sulking next to the coach, not really interested in anything right now. It was like this for a little bit longer, even after the players finished the game. Coach notices your sour mood and brings Aone over to let him introduce the opposite team. Finally, something interesting.
He leads you by the hand to the third year's of Karasuno. There was a tall dude with long hair that caught your attention, so you made grabby hands towards him to be picked up. The dude looks scared like he may drop you, but Aone is there to catch you if you fall. The dude just got down on his knees and greeted you.
"Hi, I-im a-Asahi, and y-you're really t-tiny, wow." All you were focused on was his hair. He wasn't used to children coming up to him, so curious about his hair. You reach out to touch it, and Asahi lowers his head for you to touch it. You tug at the band, holding the hair in place and watching it fall out. Once it did, your hands never escaped from the mass of soft hair at your disposal. You put it in mock pigtails, double ponytails, and buns. Asahi was just letting you play with his hair, watching as the crowd of his underclassmen surrounded him slowly. He soon relaxed at the feeling of your fingers thru his hair. It was a few minutes until you were satisfied, and let Asahi put his hair back up. Next was a gray-haired boy with a sweet smile. You watched him kneel to the ground, along with another brunette. The gray one introduced themselves,
"Hi, I'm Sugawara, but you can call me Suga. And this is Daichi next to me. He's the captain." You 'ooh' in wonderment. He looked a bit scrawny, but you could tell close up that he had some muscles. You play with their hair and play with them til you get bored. Next was the second year's, and you saw Kinoshita with 4 others. The first two that ran up scared you a bit. One with a blonde streak in front and another one with a shaven head. The shaven head picked you up while shouting how cute you are. You started loudly crying, almost matching the tone. Soon, you were taken back down to the floor by another shaven head, and a brunette with hair swept to the side. Both boys were on the ground being scolded harshly by Daichi. Your tears were wiped by someone else who was whispering a story to you. You turn to who's telling the story and listen intently. It was a fantasy story about a dragon who wants a friend but gets chased by bullies of humans. It  was honestly really entertaining, and you could fall asleep to it if Aone said it to you. The boys were Narita and Ennoshita. Ennoshita kept going with the story as Narita played with your bear, acting as the dragon. You laughed at certain points in the story, and the story soon came to an end.
Next were the first years, and a ball of sunshine excitedly greeted you.
"Hi, I'm Hinata, and I'm a first year. What's it like to be a little sibling? Do you like meatbuns?" The redhead was asking a ton of questions a minute, and it obviously confused you. A dark-haired boy started shouting at the carrots top and promptly led to you now on the ground. After the dark-haired boy chased the orange haired one around, you notice a blond boy with glasses talking to a greenette. You skip over and tug on the shorts of glasses. Both boys look down as you look up, wanting someone calm for once after those previous two. Blonde kid crouched down to your level and patted your head.
"Tsukishima Kei, this is Yamaguchi Tadashi. Who you saw chase short stack there was Kageyama Tobio, otherwise known as the King." He finished, smirking. You tried pronouncing everyone's names by memory, but you've already forgotten half of them.
A few minutes later, Karasuno was sitting in a circle with you back in Aone's lap. They wanted to hear their names from you. Daichi started with his hand raised.
"Can you say Daichi?" He asked.
"Dashi"
"What about Asahi?"
"Atahi."
"Suga?"
"Suka"
"Hm, what about Kinoshita?"
"Kishita" giggles filled the circle.
"Narita."
"Nerrita" more giggles.
"Ennoshita." Daichi continues listing the names of players.
"Eh-enno...chita."
"Tanaka and Noya."
"Taka n Noah."
"Alright, how about Tsukishima? Or Yamaguchi?"
"Tsukki an Ama."
"Alright, last couple. Hinata and Tobio."
"Hinta and Tobo." You put your arms up in excitement now that it's over. Everyone was giggling on how cute your pronunciation was, and even got a few 'aww's from the Dateko team. Everyone greeted goodbye and thanked for the game before heading out to the bus. Karasuno waved as you guys left, all tuckered out from the day's activity. Once on the bus back, you immediately fell asleep on Aone on the way home. Aone was sure to bring you more to meet people.

End of ch. 15

Finally done, sorry it took so long to get out, I've been dealing with health issues and finally was able to do something about it. The next chapter will hopefully be out soon, so stay tuned. Until next time, see ya ✌️