Ch. 13 -New Kids, and New Gift-

It was Aone's 2nd year, and almost your 1st full year of going to school with Aone. As he left for his new classes, the workers you saw immediately greeted you as they were getting ready for the day. Aone met up with Futakuchi and went to classes. There were a few new faces in the 2nd years, so he secretly hoped they would join the volleyball team. Back with you, the workers have prepared kindergarten to first grade worksheets to help you have somewhat of an education during school. Every few months, they would up the difficulty by a little, so you'd have to figure out things like simple multiplication, or addition, things you'd usually learn in a low grade level. They've also slowly decrease the duration of your naps throughout the day, leaning towards a good student etiquette. All with the permission of Aone and his mother. Of course the workers are lenient and know if you're having a bad day to just take it easy. After a couple hours, Aone visited you during lunch, but decided to take you to the cafeteria for food.
He told the workers and left. You were gonna go to the big food room. There were hallways you didn't know existed, along with wooden doors you've never seen. There was a crowd up ahead, letting you know you were close to the big food room. Aone made sure to pick you up so you didn't get overwhelmed.
Entering the cafeteria, you saw so many people everywhere. You couldn't recognize anyone in the blend of heads, so you let Aone walk.
Aone immediately saw his friends and headed over, setting his food down, and placing you on his lap. About 3/4ths of the people knew you and started greeting you, the others looked at the white haired male like he was crazy, unlike an angry bird head,  who squealed in delight.
"Omygod, is that a tiny child on your lap? They're so cute omygod, I feel like I could die of how cute and tiny they are!" His face showed pure happiness upon seeing you. You looked at him blankly, then turn to Aone, who just shrugged.
Moniwa spoke up; "these are the new members of the volleyball team, Koganegawa Kanji, Sakunami Kōsuke, and Fuikage Jingo. All first years."
You wanted to try and pronounce angry bird head's name.
"Kona-kongamegawa." You tried, it was pretty close in all honesty. You look at the person you tried to pronounce for a second, then start coughing. Aone handed you a juice, and drank it.
"That was pretty close, although I think it's easier if you called me my first name, Kanji." He replied.
"Kaji"
"Close enough."
The lunch was filled with getting to know the new kids, and afterwards getting you back to the daycare. One of the students, Sakunami, had to follow to get to his next class. He followed to see the small daycare center near the front, and gasped. He didn't see it on his way in, so it surprised him how well it blends in with the surrounding walls. He leaves you and Aone and heads to class. Aone drops you off and heads to his class too.
The rest of the day went by smoothly, naps and snacks and practice worksheets occupied your mind, before you suddenly heard the bell signaling the end of school, and the start of volleyball. About 3 min later, Aone greets you, and you jump up to hug him, and both head to the gym.
You decided to walk hand in hand with Aone (tho it's more hand in fingers) and stop to see the vending machine right outside. You run ahead and look at the strawberry pocky, quietly asking for it. Aone of course, gives in and gets you the pocky. After getting it, they walk inside to see everybody already lined up for introductions. Coach Oiwake started, then the third year's, then second. The first years introduced themselves. Aone whispered a question to his coach, wondering if he could say something to everyone. Coach nodded and gathered everyone's attention.
"Alright, now that introductions are done, Aone has an announcement to make."
Everyone went quiet and waited for the friendly giant to say something. Aone started; "if you were here last year, you've known that I found this child on the streets. I took them home and immediately cared for them, covered in scrapes and bruises. I took them in, and my mom already considered them one of her own. They were already part of our family. Over the course of the last year, we wanted to make it real, we wanted to adopt them. So over the summer," He paused to pick you up and smiled at you. "They are now an official member of the Takenobu family. Please meet Takenobu (y/n)." He finished, almost crying. Everyone clapped in loud applause, especially Futakuchi, because he didn't know. Aone refused to give in any information to his best friend, but he was happy for the surprise. Everyone gave you and Aone 'congrats' throughout practice. Kanji asked if he could hold you, Aone saying yes. Kanji picked you up and spun you slowly around as to not get sick, but was energetic nonetheless. You were squirming happily and making small noises of satisfaction, before being let down. Since today was seeing what everybody could do, not much happened other than watching the first years. You waited til the middle of practice to open the pocky. Aone was taking a break next to you, and heard the box being opened. You hand him a stick of the snack, and sat contented on the bench. The other player's were too busy playing to see the cute scene, but the coach sneakily took a picture and sent it to Aone. Aone wouldn't know until he got home. After practice, another round of congrats were thrown around the siblings.
After getting home, Aone put you down, and you took off your shoes and ran towards the bedroom. Aone breathed out in relief, as Emi came out of the kitchen.
"So how is the new team? And did you tell them we've adopted (y/n)?"
"It's promising, and yes I did, everyone loves them." He says. Emi smiles, then remembers something.
"Something came in the mail today, and it has (y/n)'s name on it, thought you might like to take a look." She said, catching Aone's attention. She pulls out a rectangle package, wrapped in packing paper with a letter. Aone took the letter and read it.
It said:
To whom finds this,
It's a photo of (y/n)'s parents. I was hoping, since you adopted them, that you would put the photo with your ancestors to honor them. Sorry it took so long to find this, you know how police work is.
From,
Officer Sawamura Sr
Aone looked at the wrapping and tore it to find a frame, with your birth parents. The dad looked a little like Aone, with white hair. The woman had sleek black hair, a kind smile, and round glasses. Both were wearing traditional kimonos, and it was a black and white photo. Aone carefully set it down and took out the photo to see if there were any words on the back. It only had a date, which was exactly 8 years ago. Aone looked at the photo again, now noticing the big pregnancy bump on the woman. The man was looking lovingly at his wife. Aone didn't notice he was tearing up until a tear fell onto the photo. The woman was pregnant with you in this photo, right before you were born. He calculated she must've been a few days before her due date, and guesstimated your birthday. Emi looked over Aone's shoulder to look at the photo, and saw how pregnant the lady was.
"She looked like she was about to explode, good lord." She joked. Aone breathily laughed at his mother's comment. Aone placed the photo back in the frame, deciding to wait until your birthday to give it to you. He didn't know how you'd react to seeing your birth parents' photo, so he'd prepare for a sad day if it had a negative reaction. Meanwhile, you were trying to change into pajamas for the last 20 min with no luck, and decided to wander into the living room for help.
Aone helped you before changing himself, and getting dinner ready.

End of Ch. 13

See ya ✌️