Ch. 20 -First day of School-

Today was your first day at school. Aone already left for his classes, while mom got you up her way. Honestly, you'd prefer Aone just cause he's funnier when waking up.
You head to the bathroom to freshen up yourself. Mom was kind enough to install a stepstool so you could reach the sink. How thoughtful.
You got ready and made your way to the table for breakfast. Today was a typical rice and veggie breakfast with some fruit. You realized this was your first day at school and perked up, excited to make some friends. You hurriedly ate your food with a determined look on your face.
Mom comes in and giggles at your determined face and tells you it's time to go.
She straps your buckle in and gets the car started before driving to the school. It's about 8 am when you arrive, so there's few buses on the road. Approaching the school, there's a teacher apparently waiting for your arrival and waves to greet you. Mom gets out and unbuckles you to hop out of the car, and the teacher smiles at you.
"Well, good morning! I'm Ms. Sakura and I'll be the one to take you to your classes. Is there anything I should know beforehand?" You stare at her with no emotion.
"Yes, there are a few things. They don't really like loud noises. It's a bit of a struggle, but we're working on that. They're also selectively mute, just like my son, so there is also that. Those are the big 2 things that I'm more worried about. Other than that, nothing on the top of my head." Mom finishes. You look behind the teacher at the entryway. There's a couple of stray kids running to class.
You wonder if you'll make friends here. After the discussions between the teacher and your mom, it was time to head in. Mom handed your hand to the teacher, standing up before waving bye. You turn to wave and say bye as she left. You felt a pang of anxiety as you watched her leave, the teacher easily catching on.
"Feeling a bit anxious, are we?" She asks. You nod sadly, afraid of being the only one.
"Yknow, it's completely normal to feel that way." She smiled at your tiny figure. Her smile seemed to ease you for now, but who knows what's gonna happen.
The air inside the school hit you first, bring chilly. You were glad you decided to wear the fluffy Dateko sweater to your first day.
"I'm guessing that's your brother's sweater he gave you?" Ms. Sakura asked. You nod enthusiastically, happy to talk about your brother.
"He gave me when he found me, it super soft on inside." You tell her. She looked back wide-eyed.
" 'Found' you?"
"Yup, he super nice and super warm and super tall. He look like powar bear." You grin at the comparison.

At school, Aone sneezed

"Hmm, well, now I'm intrigued on who your brother is." Ms. Sakura said, still holding your hand to her class. You tell her he plays volleyball at Dateko High and that you saw him practice many times. You also told her about the time you hit a ball like a volleyball player. Ms. Sakura was impressed.
Soon enough, there was a door covered in paper Sakura flowers, and a few conversations going on behind the door could be heard.
"You ready?" She asks. You swallow and nod with determination and anxiety. The door opened, silencing the few chatters, and then everyone turned to the door. You instinctively hide behind Ms. Sakura, and started to play with the big sleeves of the jacket.
"Everyone, this is y/n, say hi." She spoke softly to the class. A clamor of "Hi y/n" was heard before you were directed to a desk. Another teacher came up to help with your stuff and get you started on a worksheet the class was working on. It wasn't a big class. There were about 12 kids, including you. You didn't know anyone, so your anxiety levels were a bit high.
A redhead girl soon came up to you to introduce herself.
"Hi, I'm Natsu Hinata. I like your jacket!" The redhead spoke. Hinata, you knew that name from a game you went to with Dateko.
"You have brother Shoyo?" You asked. She nodded, and your eyes lit up. You had just found a friend! You smiled at her as she had to go back to her seat. You were excited to have met someone you sorta knew. The day went smoothly until lunch. You didn't know how things worked in the cafeteria. There were doors everywhere so you sat against the wall to see all the entrances. The lunch you had packed from Mom was a bento with some fruit. It had a little face on it in the shape of a bunny. There was also a note from Aone saying 'I love you, have a great first day' with a bear smiley face. You grin at the note and started to eat. While you ate, you look at the doors. Ms. Sakura was watching you adjust, but noticed your glances towards the doors every so often. She made a mental note to tell your mother your behavior. It is your first day after all.
After lunch was recess time, and you didn't know what to do, Natsu came up and gently dragged you to the slides. You trot with her to the slides and go down after her. It was fun for a while until the whistle was blown for classes again. You and Natsu walked into the class together until you had to sit down. Classes went until 4 pm, then the dismissal bell rang for everyone to go home. You didn't know what to do so you went to Ms. Sakura, who was already expecting you. She sent an email to your mom asking for end of day arrangements, and was surprised to see that your big brother will pick you up Wednesdays and Fridays. Today was a Wednesday so Aone was waiting for you. Ms. Sakura guided you to the pickup area, and you immediately saw the white tuft of Aone sitting out of the crowd. The teacher also looked and was surprised to see such a tall teen. Aone was still in his school uniform, apparently there was no volleyball practice so he was able to pick you up today. He smiles at you while you hug his leg. Ms. Sakura then notices how similar he looks to a polar bear. Aone picks you up with ease and bows to your teacher. You bow your head in thanks and wave goodbye for the day. Ms. Sakura bows and waves back.
Heading home was fun, as for your first day of school, an ice cream dessert was in your future. Your eyes sparkled and soon you were wiggling in excitement. Aone was struggling a bit to hold you, but managed to calm you down safely. Arriving home, Mom wasn't home yet, so it was just you two for a bit. Aone got you a small bowl halfway full of your favorite ice cream flavor. You take small bites to try and not get brain freeze. Aone also had a bowl, and was eating slowly.
Mom walks in the door and sees the collaborative ice cream celebration, and raises a brow. Aone just says "in our defense, it was a successful first day at school." Before promptly taking a bite while looking at mom. She acknowledges it and says it's a fair reason.
After dinner and endless amounts of talking about your first day, it was time for bed. You didn't realize you were so tired until your eyelids were literally drooping in Aone's hold. You try and stay up to get ready for bed, but it proved futile as you suddenly fall asleep brushing your teeth. Aone was swift to hold you upright as he finished and helped you clean up. He quickly got in bed with you and threw the blankets over your small body. A plush was offered to your arms and quickly grabbed and squeezed. Aone chuckled quietly as he watched you bury your face in the stuffed animal, before turning over and flipping the light off.

Today was a successful day, wonder what adventures will happen in the future.

Sorry for the sporadic updates, life has been a bitch and a half. If u have any ideas on what should happen in the story, please leave a comment or message. I was thinking on a new fanfic of cuddleships. It would be a story of how each haikyuu couple cuddles based on a scenario. Lmk if you guys would be interested.
See ya ✌️