Prologue

I'm finally here: the Advanced Nurturing High School. This place has shaped countless societal elites, as graduating from here is said to guarantee you a successful future, whether that be in higher education or in the workforce. Supposedly, only the best of the best are given admission to this establishment, so it came as a surprise that they accepted me considering my questionable actions back in middle school. Not that I'm complaining, but I doubt that a school funded by the government is unaware of the details. As I stood at the gate, only one thought crossed my mind.

"I really hope I'll have a good time for once."

"Don't worry, Hisashi. I'm sure it'll be fun for you this time."

She looked at me with a concerned expression before continuing.

" And, please, try not to get yourself into any trouble. I doubt this school is as lenient as your middle school."

"Well, as long as no one tries to mess with me, there shouldn't be any problems. You know I'm not the type of person who goes out looking for trouble, sis."

"Haha. Yeah, I know. But still, be careful."

Not getting into trouble was one thing, but having fun was where the issue lied. I've never been good at socializing and never had any friends. The only people I've ever been close to are members of my family. I was hoping I'd be placed in the same class as my sister since having someone with her great social skills and who I'm actually close to would make things a whole lot easier. Unfortunately for me, that wasn't the case, with the school placing me in class D and her in class B. On the bright side, I can still see her outside of classes. We can't contact anyone on the outside for the entirety of our stay here, so it's a huge relief having her around.

The campus was absolutely massive; it was pretty much a small city just for the students and staff. It had everything we could need for our stay and more: housing, entertainment, and even a whole mall. The best part is, we're getting all this for the great price of nothing. In other schools, you'd have to pay exuberant tuition fees while getting none of the facilities we're getting here in return.

After walking around and exploring for a bit, we headed to the first-year dorms. The boys and girls are naturally kept apart on different floors. I split up with my sister and headed to my assigned room to unpack before classes begin.

"So, this is where I'll be sleeping for the next three years."

The dorm was pretty nice and well-furnished. There was a bed, a table, a TV, a kitchen, a bathroom, basically what you'd expect to find in a small apartment. I surveyed the accessories in the dorm before unpacking all my things, which didn't take any time at all since I only got clothes with me. I wasn't really planning on having anything else, but now that I know there are shops (which I assume we're allowed to visit and purchase from), I might get myself a thing or two if I feel the need.  

Once I had put away everything in an orderly fashion, I decided to relax in my dorm until I needed to head to class. I checked my phone after a while. There were ten minutes left before classes start, so I decided to make my way to the classroom to avoid running late on my very first day.

Here's to hoping I actually get along with my classmates and enjoy my school life this time around.