Chapter 30

Sigh.

Let's just get this over with. If I want to finish this with a single strike, my best bet is to aim for the head.

Sorry Horikita, but you asked for this.

"Okay, ready when you a-"

Before I could finish my sentence, Horikita had already begun charging at me.

As expected, Horikita can put up a fight, and her moves definitely aren't those of an amateur. Unfortunately for her, she fights a bit too... by the book. A jab here, a hook there, not really hard to dodge when I'm used to dealing with opponents who like to play dirty.

We've been at it for about a minute by now, so I should put an end to this. After Horikita threw her last punch, I quickly countered before she could reel her arm back in. In that position, she's completely defenseless, allowing me to throw a solid punch to her jaw.

Thud

The previously fired up Horikita was now laying unconscious on the ground. I kinda feel bad; roughing her up a bit would've definitely gotten the message across, but knocking her out is way faster.

Now, what will you do, Ayanokouji?

Shortly after Horikita went down, he started walking in our direction, but I don't feel any hostility aimed towards me. 

"I take it that's enough proof of my abilities?"

"Don't worry, I just came because Horikita insisted. I don't plan on fighting you, not like I'd stand a chance anyway from what I've seen."

As much as I'd like to call him out on his BS, I'm a little pressed here.

"Then, I'll leave Horikita to you. Carrying an unconscious girl with you to the dorms doesn't sound like a good idea, but I'm sure you can figure something out."

Now that that was done, I made my way to the building's doors and entered. I looked back one last time to find Ayanokouji carrying Horikita in his arms bridal style.

She's his problem now.

As for me, it was finally time for the main event.

"Our guest of honor has just arrived donning an interesting choice of attire! And right in the nick of time! How punctual of you, Morimoto."

"Yeah, yeah. Why don't we just skip to the part where your buddies show up, and I act all surprised?"

"Hoho, look at you! It seems someone did their homework. Okay boys, you heard him, you can come out now."

At their ally's order, two large figures came from around the corner and were now visible to me.

"I'm surprised you showed up alone when you knew you'd be up against three of us. You've got guts, I'll give you that."

"Don't worry, we'll give you a swift defeat, though I can't promise it'll be painless."

Great... The other two are just as annoying as the first guy.

Still...

Their eccentricity won't save them.

Going after me is one thing.

But they crossed a line they shouldn't have.

"You've got that look on your face, Morimoto! That look that screams 'I'm gonna kill those bastards!'"

"I won't kill you, but I'll make sure you're in no condition to ever even consider going after me or the people I care about again."

"What are we waiting for, then? Let's do this!"