Chapter 9

Class C's situation had taken yet another unexpected turn. We'd found out that their camp was now completely deserted, with the entire class seemingly retired. However, knowing Ryuuen, I doubt it's so simple, especially since the two spies are still in our camp and Honami's camp. Hmm, I wonder what that guy's planning...

Other than that, the rest of the day was rather uneventful.

____________________

"Morimoto-kun, wake up."

"Eh?"

I was woken up early by Hirata for some reason, and it looks like I'm not the only one, with the rest of the boys also in a state of drowsiness.

"Why'd you wake us up so early, Hirata?"

"Shinohara-san told me to gather all the boys. I don't know what's wrong, but it looks serious."

Not knowing what's awaiting us, we all begrudgingly made our way out of the tent only to be met with death glares from the girls. I was woken up from a great dream where I was playing with a bunch of cats for this?

"What's the issue, Shinohara?"

"This morning, Karuizawa-san woke up to find her underwear missing."

"U-Underwear? Wait, what does that have to do with us?"

"It's obvious that one of you boys stole it. Come to think of it, Ike, you were gone for quite a while yesterday."

"W-What? I was just having issues going to the toilet because it was dark. It wasn't me!"

Panic ensued as the girls were throwing the blame on the boys who, in turn, were affirming their innocence. Considering everything that's been going on on the island, I had a rough idea who it might be. I looked in Ibuki's direction, and it was clear to me that she's hiding something. It would be easy to confront her about it, but we don't want her to know that we're onto her. Plus, if she stashed the underwear somewhere else, then I'll be the one who looks suspicious. For now, it's best to observe the situation.

"I don't doubt you guys, but it would be best if I searched the bags."

After much negotiation, we'd decided, albeit reluctantly, to show Hirata the contents of our bags to prove our innocence. While standing in line, the location of the missing underwear came to light, to those of us at the back of the line that is.

"Kanji..."

"Listen, it wasn't me! Someone must've put it in my bag, I swear!"

Amidst the arguing, Ike noticed that I could hear their conversation.

"Morimoto, you believe me, right?"

"Yeah, I don't think you stole them."

Ike wasn't lying; he'd clearly been set up. With our turn fast approaching, however, he didn't have a lot of time to figure something out.

"Ayanokouji, here. You hide them."

"Huh?"

I guess that's one way of dealing with the problem. Against his wishes, Ayanokouji now had the underwear in his possession.

"Good luck."

I couldn't really think of anything else to say, so I just left it at that.

"None of the boys have it."

The search went without a cinch, or so I thought.

"Hirata, some of the guys in the back were whispering a lot. They must've hidden it in their pockets."