Chapter 16

Once we were done with the rules, we checked the different events being held.

"Events for All Participants:

100-Meter Dash
Hurdle Race
Capture the Flag (Boys)
Ball Toss (Girls)
Tug-of-War (Separated by gender)
Obstacle Course Race
Three-Legged Race
Cavalry Battle
200-Meter Dash

Events for Recommended Participants:

Scavenger Hunt
Four-Way Tug-of-War
Three-Legged Race (Mixed)
1200-Meter Relay Race (Mixed, all three grades)"

That's a lot more events than I had anticipated, even if we only take into account the events for all participants.

"Sensei, can we even finish that many events in a single day?"

"The school has already considered that, so rest assured."

The unathletic students' complaints were for naught, as the school looks to have taken every possible measure to ensure the feasibility of the event.

"You will also be required to plan in which order you'll be participating in the events, and who'll be taking part in the events for recommended participants. The submission window opens one week prior to the festival and closes at 5:00 P.M of the day before. If you don't submit a sheet, you'll be placed randomly."

"Sensei, may I ask a question?"

"Go ahead, Horikita."

"In the event that a student is absent for an event, what happens?"

"If the student is absent for competitions for all participants, they will be disqualified. However, for events for recommended participants, you will be allowed to bring in a substitute. Keep in mind that if you choose that option, it will set you back 100,000 private points."

"I see. Thank you."

After a few more rounds of questions, Chabashira-sensei wrapped up the session.

"Next period will be held in Gymnasium 1, where you'll meet with students from other classes. There are still twenty minutes of homeroom remaining. You can use that remaining time as you please."

Even though we were given some time to hold a discussion, the class opted to do so during next homeroom period.

____________________

The gym was jam-packed with students from all classes and years. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Fujimaki-senpai, a third-year in class A, who announced that he'd be leading the Red Team during the festival.

"You think we can win if we don't work together?"

Everyone's attention was pointed towards a loud voice I recognized as Honami's. From the looks of things, Ryuuen, and by extension, Class C, was unwilling to cooperate with the other classes. I do wonder if that really is the case, though. Would Ryuuen really take the risk and work alone, and would Honami let him?

"Hmm, I wonder what he's planning."

The one who said that was a petite, silver-haired girl with a cane in her hand. According to Katsuragi, who had joined us along with the rest of Class A, her name is Sakayanagi Arisu, and based on the looks of her classmates, she was regarded quite highly despite her physical disability.

"I apologize, but I'm afraid I won't be able to directly take part in the festival."

"You don't have to apologize."

"Yeah, the school should've taken the appropriate measures to accommodate you."

The Class D students were quick to console Sakayanagi.