Chapter 27

Ding

Considering what day it is, I've got a sneaking suspicion who the sender is.

"Your order is ready. Kindly pass by the store at your earliest convenience for pick-up and don't forget your receipt!"

Perfect. I'm meeting with Honami later today to pick out a gift for Maya, so I can go pick up Honami's gift before then. I really hope the necklace turned out okay, though considering how much that thing cost me, I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

____________________

Compared to when I came here just a few days ago, it's a lot more crowded today. Well, Christmas is fast approaching, so I should expect shops to be busier during that period. Hopefully things won't be as bad at the clothing shop I'm visiting later.

Despite the number of people here, I shouldn't be too inconvenienced given I've already completed my purchase and am simply picking up my order. I made my way to the lady at the counter and showed her my receipt along with my student ID.

"One moment, sir."

After waiting for around a minute, the woman presented me with my item. Time to see how it turned out.

Hmm, the material's pretty refined, definitely looks and feels fancy. Yep, definitely happy with my pur-

Huh?

In my moment of admiration, I took a closer look at the name attached to the necklace.

Hoenami.

. . .

. . .

I read it a few more times, thinking I simply didn't get a good look the first time around.

Nope.

I still see a hoe.

How can you mess this up so badly? Surely for such an expensive item, there needs to be a certain standard for quality assurance.

"Is there a problem, sir? You appear displeased with the product."

Displeased is an understatement, woman.

"There appears to be a mistake in the spelling of the name. You see, there's an extra 'e' that heavily affects the rest of the name."

"Could I have a look?"

I handed the necklace back to her, and she proceeded to carefully examine the name.

Aaaand, she's blushing. Yeah, she noticed, not like you can really miss that kind of mistake. 

"O-Our sincerest apologies, sir! I assure you this kind of mistake does not usually occur, and that we'll immediately work on remedying the issue."

Great, more corporate speak...

"I know it usually takes you like three days to finish one of these, but I'd appreciate it if the replacement could be done by tomorrow at the latest."

"Of course. In fact, we'll work on completing the necklace today, and I'll personally add in a couple of nice rings as compensation for your troubles."

"Okay, thank you."