•34•

~Chapter 33 recap~

"I came across the country just to spend more time with you. The last couple days you've been ignoring me and-"

Morgan cut him off. "Look, I have to go to work. I'm already running kind of late. Can we pick this up another time?"

Silas shook his head, no. "I'm leaving to go back to Cali this afternoon. The opportunity still stands."

••

"Mom!! Heaven and Hason are hungry!" Jeremiah screamed up the stairs. "Then feed them! Stop screaming in my damn house Miah!"

Jeremiah turned and looked at his hungry siblings, "now what?"

"Call dad, he'll order us some pizza or something." Janiyah suggested. Jeremiah nodded and walked over to his cell phone and called Kain. After the third ring Kain picked up the phone. "dad??"

••

"Fuck you Kain! Really fuck you." Quinae stared at him with nothing but hate. "You wanna go and start a family and leave my kids in the dark, fine! Go ahead-"

"Shut up with that bull shit yo. My kids is my family, you're acting like I left with no contact what so ever. You're right upstairs when the kids called me saying they were hungry. Get ya shit together Quinae man."

••

                           Chapter 34

Silas sat and dropped the ash from his cigar in his balcony that was diagonal from Kain's condo sweet. He watched Morgan drop her phone back into her bag after hanging up the phone with their phone call.

"Baby... come back to bed." The feminine voice whined and Silas sent a wave to her while watching Morgan and Kain exit his bedroom.

Silas business phone continued to buzz and go off while he stood in New York and his empire in California was being on hold for a temporary "conflict" he would like to call it. Silas felt what him and Morgan had and felt as Kain couldn't touch it if he dreamed but seemed Morgan was consumed by his touch.

'What does this fool have,? That I don't..." He thought. As he watched the streets of New York move below him, Silas reached for his phone and dialed a number.

He placed the phone next to his ear as he took a puff from his cigar. "Hello?"

"Transfer 5 million from my savings to my checking." He spoke while watching Kain close the curtains and blinds that was in their bedroom. "It won't be clear until next weekend, sir."

"Make it clear by tomorrow. I need to buy land in New York. Lots of it."

Silas hung the phone up and sat back down in his chair that was sitting right infront of the window. He couldn't stand the fact Morgan was choosing a Nigga who beat her senseless over a Nigga who wanted to love her more than life itself. It shocked him. The feeling of her lips on his was a crave to him- like a drug.

••

Detective Agent, Harrison Bickman sat back in his seat with his partner as they listened to the victim rant. "I-I I'm telling you." He continued, "they've cut my fingers off."

"He even carved his fucking itnatial on my forehead!" He screamed, reffering to the scabbed up "K" on his forehead. His partner, Arrison chuckled.

The detective pulled out his pen before pushing down on the top button to write his notes on the notepad. "Tell me, what's your name again?"

"Don. Donathan Woodbine."

Detective Agent Bickman eyes widen. "Woodbine? The woodbine?" Arrison chuckled again, "So you mean to tell me, the same Drug lord slash King Pin, we been chasing for the past what?-" He looked over at Bickman. "Two years??" He continued, "... just shows up saying he was quote unquote 'kidnapped and tortured.' By Karan Williams? Also a natorious Drug lord and King Pin?" Arrison got up from his seat and laughed.