•33•

Chapter 33
Silas held a bouquet of flowers for Morgan. He awaited for another minute until she pulled open the door, looking stunning. Silas blinked one more time before looking down at Morgan's beauty.

"Hey," He spoke. "Hey Silas. Come in." She said pulling the door open for him. "I'm sorry for the unexpected pop up. I wanted to give you these." He handed her the flowers and Morgan took them with a bright smile on her face. "Thank you these are beautiful. I'm gonna put them in a vase."

As Morgan walked over to the kitchen area and began putting the flowers in the vase, Silas looked around her apartment to see anything different. "How you been Morgan? I haven't seen you in a minute."

"I've been good. I've been hella busy, you know." She shrugged fixing the flowers a bit. "Come to California with me." He blurted out.

"When?"

"Now." Morgan shook her head. "I can't. I have so much to do here. Maybe next week."

"Next week for sure?" Morgan looked over at him before looking at the flowers again. "I don't know-"

"Morgan listen to me. We need to get you out of New York soon as possible."

"Why is that?"

"Kain is after me because were with each other." He started and Morgan looked over at him with the same facial expression. "He'd killed every body guard I brought from Cali here and he blowed up my truck last night. I haven't killed him myself because I know he was important to you but if he's trying to do these things to me not thinking if you are with me or not he could kill you. I don't trust him, at all. He'd never figure that you are in Cali with me Mo."

"He's dangerous. And it's not like me to run from anybody especially a nigga but I'll do it for you. If only you come with me."

"He wouldn't hurt me, Silas." Morgan said. "I'm sorry he's done-"

"Stop! Okay! He's trying to kill me because of what we have."

"Which is exactly what? We've only fucked once, Silas and all of a sudden we in a relationship? I thought we was just friends." Silas sucked his teeth and squinted his eyes at her. "You know damn well we aren't just friends." Morgan looked at her watch and looked back at Silas.

"I came across the country just to spend more time with you. The last couple days you've been ignoring me and-"

Morgan cut him off. "Look, I have to go to work. I'm already running kind of late. Can we pick this up another time?"

Silas shook his head, no. "I'm leaving to go back to Cali this afternoon. The opportunity still stands."

••

Kain shook the mans hand after sealing a deal. "This is going to be fantastic. I'm already excited. Money is going to be flowing in quickly." Kain nodded. "You will be moving your business from that torn down shack to a nice ass building where your cars are on levels."

"Thank you, I really owe you."

"Of course not. A deal is a deal." The man nodded and left out of his office with a big ass kool aid man smile. Kain looked at his watch before Morgan pushed open the door to his office. "Ms. White."

"Mr. Williams." She spoke walking in more and Kain stood up and pulled a chair out for her. She sat down and waited for him to sit down. Once he did they started at each other before Morgan opened up her brief case, and pulling out papers filled with important notes and agreements. "So from what I've heard you want the building on Charles Street, am I correct?"