•16•

Chapter 16
Kain's heart broke into a million pieces looking down at Morgan with her mouth full of blood and 2 bullets in her back.

Don't leave me too, Mo.

He wanted to say but couldn't. His mouth wouldn't open. He couldn't move as he watched the most beautiful women he's laid on die beneath him.

Kain shot his eyes open and looked at Morgan who was sleeping peacefully next to him. She looked like she was at peace, finally. He didn't wanna wake her but he loved to see those beautiful, big, hazel eyes. Minutes passed and Morgan slowly opened up her eyes and looked at Kain watching her sleep.

"You okay?" She asked tiredly. "I thought I lost you. On the plane."

"Real niggas don't die."

"You lost a lot of blood, Mo. They was having a hard time getting you to breathe because of how much blood that was in ya lungs."

"Were you feeling bad?" Morgan asked half asleep. "No you deserved it. But I damn sure didn't want you to die like I thought I wanted you to."

"Well aren't you lucky."

"You got no idea." Kain mumbled wrapping his arms around her and pulling her closer to him. "Mhh, Kain move. I don't like being cuddled." She groaned and tried to squirm out of his arms. He ignored her and continued to hold her in his arms, loving the feeling.

••••

"And she's just living the life I lived. I just know it." Quinae cried silently to her therapist. "But it's not like your life is bad now."

"I have 1 arm with 5 kids! Do you know how hard this is?" She yelled making the white lady flinch. "I- I understand. But your doing a great job doing it. I know females with 2 arms and 2 legs that don't do have as much as you. Your a strong black independent women and your ex-husband doesn't know what he lost."

Quinae looked up at the ceiling with tears in her eyes then back at the white lady. "It's so hard, doing it by myself."

"Quinae." The lady took a breathe and closed her notebook then looked back at her. "Do you think, your ex-husband should come and sit and talk with us."

Quinae nodded and wiped her tears away with her hand. "I would love that. But I don't think he would come."

"Well, how about you give me his number and I'll call him myself." Quinae shook her head and pulled her phone out her purse. "I'm not giving out his number. Here talk to him now." She clicked on his contact and pressed the call icon then handed her the phone. The therapist leaned over and grabbed it and placed it by her ear listening to the ring until she heard Kain's deep voice.

"Hello?"

"How may I help you?" Kain asked noticing the different voice in the phone. "This is Karen Mitchell here with your ex-wife, Quinae at the Better Help Counseling Program. And me and Quinae was both wondering if you are willing to come in and sit and chat with us. Or not even that. Just listen."

Quinae sat there impatiently listening to Karen do a couple of, "mhms." And "yeas."

After about 5 minutes of them conversations Karen handed the phone back to Quinae with a warm smile. "He's willing to come. On Saturday at 10."

"Wow, thank you so much." Quinae blushed exited to hear from him, see him, be around him again. "He seems like a gentleman. I'm exited to see where our next meeting leads too."

"Yea, he's a real gentleman." She smiled and bit her lip, thinking about how gentle he would be on her skin sometimes. Or the little sweet things he did for her or his soft kisses he would place on her lips. She took advantage of. She missed him and would do anything to get him back.