•28•

Chapter 28
"What happen? Where is she?" Kain asked. He had bags underneath his eyes from crying and staying awoke since they left and it was now going on 2 in the morning. The fight happened around 6 in the afternoon.

Chloe went straight to her room and ignored her uncle when Griffin dragged him to the table. "Look man I got some deep shit to tell you."

Kain furrowed his eyes down at his best friend. "She not-"

"Nah, she not dead. She's alive. Her ribs are fractured and her spine was cracked but- damn bruh." He said getting choked up. He knew this meant a lot to Kain. "What? Say it nigga."

"She had a miscarriage. She was like a month going on two." Kain thought about it and remembered, she never got her shot. "I killed my baby." He said lowly with a chuckle. "Ight man. Thanks I appreciate ya." Kain said getting up, about to dab him.

"I'm not goin no where." Griffin said shrugging. Kain nodded and walked to his room and into the bathroom. He turned the nob all the way to end so he can feel all of the hot water on his body.

He striped out his clothes and stepped in the shower. He stepped under the water and let his tears go. Griffin stood on the outside of the door hearing his best friend sob loudly. It broke his heart seeing his brother like this.

••••

"Nah, bruh. You don't wanna-" Kain ignored him and took the bottle of Hennessy to the head and chugged it down like it water. "Ight man. That's enough." Griffin said snatching the bottle from Kain. Griffin knew what alcohol could do to you in this state of mind, he witnessed it by hand.

"No man- you don't understand. How you kill yo own seed fam?" He asked with hurt in his eyes. "Then yo girl don't even wanna talk to you. I know she goin through it too."

"We gone be good."

Kain sat on the couch for a while before shooting up and heading towards the door. "I gotta go see her. I gotta know if she okay or not." Griffin grabbed him by his shoulders and bring him back to the couch. "The last thing Morgan needs is you going to her feeling bad for both of y'all when she already feels bad for herself. Just sit down, man. Relax."

"I can't. I miss her. I needa go see her." Kain said. "I needa talk to her or something. It's fucking killing me that I can't talk to her."

Morgan laid in the bed with a white bandage tightly wrapped around her stomach and back. She began to cry when she seen her favorite cousin on her mom side, Chasity walk through the door. Chasity and Sparkle was her go to bitches but it was mainly Chasity since they seen each other more often.

(This whole time they're speaking in Spanish.)

"Morgan." Chasity cried walking over and hugging her cousin/sister. "Look at your face Mo mo." She whipped Morgan's tears away. "I lost a baby." She cried out. It been on her mind since they told her and it just broke her heart.

After a hour or so of them crying, Chasity whipped her own tears away and cleared her throat. "Who did this to you?"

"It's not important, Chasity."

"What do you mean it's not important?!? You lost your baby Morgan!" She shouted and Morgan cried more. "I know! I know! Stop! Okay! I know it's all my fault." Her hands began to shake as she cried harder and covered her face. "Morgan that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying look at your face look at what this person has done to you, mo mo. We need their head."

Morgan shook hers. "I love him." Chasity looked at her weirdly before explaining her and Kain's relationship from beginning to end. "Why would you do that?" Chasity asked her cousin and Morgan looked down at her fingers. "I told him I wasn't a home wrecker and he told me their relationship was already ruined before I came along."