•26•

Chapter 26
"Where's Morgan?" Jeremiah asked and Kain shrugged his shoulders. "Dad you know where she is." Jermaine said aggravated with him.

They been trying to get some answers out of him for the last 20 minutes and all he did was stroke his beard and shrug his shoulders.

It was the triplets 10th birthday party and Kain had rented the whole skating arena out. It was still filled up with their friends and family though.

"Can you call her?" Jermaine said and Kain shook his head becoming aggravated with them now. "No go play or something. All ya friends and family is playing and it's y'all birthday. Look Janiyah having fun." He said pointing over to Janiyah who was rolling skating with her friends.

"That's because Janiyah don't like Morgan." Kain chuckled. "And y'all do?"

"Uh, yea. She's cute." Jeremiah smiled and Kain laughed at them. "I'll take y'all to go see her before y'all go home."

"Promise?" They held up their pinky fingers and Kain thought about it. "Promise." He said locking his pinky with theirs. They then went to go run off and play,

Griffin let out his chuckle when they left. Kain glared over at him and shook his head. "That's ya fault. Now what if it don't work out with you and Morgan?"

"It's going to rather If she like it or not."

"That's not what you said about Quin when she threatened to leave you." Kain scrunched his face up. "When the fuck was that?" Griffin shrugged making them both chuckle.

Heaven held her little brother hand as they walked over to their daddy. "Play." Hason said pointing to the jungle gym where a bunch of kids was playing at.

"Daddy, I wanna go with Tt and Brandy on the ring but I can't because mommy said I have to watch Hason. A-and he wants to go play in the jungle gym but I don't want to do that." She whined and Kain picked Hason up. "Go ahead. I got him." She immediately took off with her cousins to go put some roller skates on.

"Shit just don't end with Quinae man." Kain said shaking his head as Hason played with his beard. "You got too many kids man." Griffin chuckled. "I swear it's like I get rid of some then some more pop back up." He laughed. "But them my babies man." He kissed Hason's cheek and Hason returned the favor.

••••

"Bitch you just don't like us, period." Morgan's cousin, Sparkle said. She was more like a sister to her since they kinda grew up together.

Sparkle had a more of a coconut brown skin tone with black curly short hair and dark brown eyes. Her lips was brown and plump. She was about 5'5 and thick. She had a pudgy stomach and a round butt. You wouldn't be able to tell if they were cousins or not. She was on her dads side and she would only go visit her dad side of the family on the weekends.

"It's not even that, it's just I be busy." Morgan shrugged as she got her feet done. They sat in Kain's living room and had Chinese workers come to them instead.

Sparkle was one of the only people Morgan could ever talk to and be open to. They were like two opposites but still could relate to so much.

"I know. When grandma Savannah was at ya house she wouldn't stop calling me talking bout some, 'Morgan doing good. She got her a nice place, nice man, he even brought her flowers.' Speaking of- Kain bitch? Really?" Morgan sucked her teeth and shook her head. "Always in my damn business. That's why I don't invite no one over and they know it. I got too much shit for family to be around."

"Nah for our side of the family to be around. Ya mothers side is okay because they- you know. Drug related stuff." Sparkle leaned over and whispered. "I don't invite no one over, at all."