•8•

Chapter 8
1 Month Later

Morgan walked into her condo tired as ever. It was going on 12 in the morning and she was just now getting home. She ran a hand through her hair as she walked into the kitchen. She felt her heartbeat quicken when she seen Kain there looking like he been through hell.

"Kain, what the hell?" She asked putting her purse on the island. She took in how his hair was growing dramatically all over his head and face. His hair wasn't in nice near waves anymore. It was in curls and his face just screamed stressed all over it. She took in the bruises that was on his face too.

She walked over to his and tried to place her hand on his face but he moved his face. "W-what happen?"  She took a step back looking at him.

"Nothin' Mo. C'mere ma." He said grabbing her wrist and pulling her into his arms. She scented his must and weed and pulled back. "Kain when's the last time you took a shower?"

He pulled back and scratched the side of his face. "It's been a minute." Morgan looked at him in his red eyes and seen the stress, hate, hurt, a lost soul in his eyes. "What happen?"

"Nothing." She looked at him for a couple minutes before pulling him to her room.  "Come with me."

He looked at her for a minute before letting her pull him into the bathroom. Morgan started to run his bath water and add some non-scented bubbles in it.

"I'll be right back." She told Kain and he nodded. She walked out the room while Kain took his clothes off and got into the hot bath. About 20 minuets later Morgan walked back in with some male shampoo and conditioner and some other items. Kain wasn't paying any attention to her right now. His mind was running on a thousand and this is what he needed right now. To relax.

Morgan began to wash Kains curly hair while he relaxed in the tub. She used a bowl to get the soap out his hair. Once she finished drying his hair she started to shave his face. She used shaving cream to shape his goatee to its usual size. Once she was finished with everything she cleaned her area and looked down at Kain in the tub.

"You ready to get out?" Kain opened his red eyes and looked up at Morgan. "Yea.."

She put the water out and handed him his towel. "Are you gonna let me cut your hair?"

"No, you gone fuck it up." Kain said wrapping the towel around his waist. Morgan made him sit down in the chair that was facing towards the mirror. She plugged the clippers up and she put a towel around his neck then started to cut his hair. "Why don't you listen?"

She ignored him and continued to his hair and his waves started to come back. She fixed his edge up before brushing his hair and doing some last touch ups. Once she was finished she took a step back and looked at him. "I did a great job." Kain looked at his hair in the mirror. "It's ight." He said fronting hard.

Morgan sucked her teeth before grabbing a do-rag out the draw that was under the mirror stand. She ripped it out its package and put it on him neatly. Kain was looking like his normal, sexy self now and he was starting to feel like it. Morgan licked her lips and went to clean her mess up.

2:12AM

"After that they said they didn't wanna see me anymore. And business ain't been going as planned either." Kain said pushing Morgan's hair behind her ear. "You've been through a lot this past month. You should try and get in contact with your wife and try and fix things with her. No matter what y'all go through you guys are still going to be married. And about your kids they were going to have to know the truth some how some day. And about your job, I can help you with it. If you want me too." Morgan said rubbing his chest, slowly.