•31•

Chapter 31

Kain stepped closer, "One time thing?"

Morgan's body went stiff and her mouth went dry. She stared over at his buff figure and he stared back at her curves.

"K-kain. I-" She cut herself off and her dry eye began to twitch and become wet. "What Mawgan?"

"What are you doing here?" She spoke up. She couldn't let him know that his unannounced presence had her speechless. Kain licked his lips and stroked his beard with one hand with the other was stuffed in the pockets of his pants. "I'm sorry."

"No your not." She shook her head and tried to head to the door but Kain stood in the way. "Karan move."

"Talk to me Mo." He reached for her face  but she moved back quickly. "No Kain. I-I don't want to talk. I just want t-to leave, please."

"I'm sorry Mawgan. I'm so sorry." He went to grab her once again but she stepped back. "Kain- Please."

"You don't think what I did didn't affect me? Or the fact that I killed ma' own baby?"

"It's best for us to be a-"

"No."

For the first time, Morgan put her head down during the conversation and wiped her tear away. "I love you, Kain. I do. But I don't think I can get past this."

"Let me hold you."

"Kain-"

"Just let me hold you for a little bit then you can leave and never look back." He said swallowing his pride. Morgan looked over at him and licked her lips slowly thinking about what he had just said.

Never look back? She had her first miscarriage because of the man she loved. Morgan knew she wasn't over the miscarriage of her baby and she was still grieving badly. But she also knew it was a must to get past it and move on with her life, the hard decision was about Kain. Revenge she felt was a must but her heart was to broke to seek it, especially to him. Morgan was battling through the emotions of being angry and hurt.

Kain on the other hand, was still also grieving the death of his child caused by him. A huge dark hole had grew in his heart overtime. He felt he lost the bond with his children because of his dysfunctional ex-wife. He felt like he had lost his soul mate because of his anger and actions that he don't think he can fix. But he needed love too.

Morgan walked over to him and Kain felt his stomach rise along with his heart rate. She wrapped his arms around him and laid her head on his chest and Kain returned the favor. He pulled her as close as possible loving her scent.

"I hate you." She mumbled hurting his feelings and hers.

"We gonna be okay Mo."

She quickly pulled back out of Kain's grip and wiped her eyes again. "Can I go now?" He stepped out her way and stuffed his hands in his pants pocket. Soon as she pulled the door open she looked back at Kain looking at her. Another tear dropped before she put her head down and closed the door behind her.

••

"So, you fa' real done with Morgan?" Griffin asked and Kain chuckled. "Never that."

Griffin laughed. "Maybe you needa let her go."

"I love her."

"Or do you love the sex." Griffen retorted back quickly causing Kain to send a glare at him. "I'm just saying man. I know you been keeping tabs on her or what ever but it seem like she don't wanna be bothered by you."

"She doesn't but I don't care." Griffin shook his head as he checked his phone again for the tenth time tonight. "Seems like she don't wanna be bothered by you." Kain mocked and Griffin sucked his teeth. "She gone be bothered with my gun against her head if she don't text me."

"Why don't you text her first then." Kain said causing Griffin to laugh. "I'd never."

"Ight G, ion wanna hea' it when you complainin' bout anotha' nigga all ova' Sam."

"Don't worry bout Sam. Worry bout that nigga Silas around Morgan 24/7 on the block nigga." Griffin said a bit low. "Oh he's handled." Kain laughed as he sipped Hennessy our of the glass cup. The two gentlemen sat at the bar discussing their relationships. Griffin looked over at his best friend and shook his head. "Morgan gone kill you." He shrugged and Griffin got up from the bar. "I'm boutta go pop up on shawty, ima catch you later."

••

Morgan sat in the limo. Silas sat across from her and watched her in silence. Her face looked a bit swollen and her eyes look kinda puffy.

"Something happened when I left out?" Morgan looked up into his eyes and shook her head, no. "Why?"

"You look like you been crying, who did it?" He reached for her hand but she pulled back quickly while cleaning her gums. He looked at her a bit taken back and she bit down on her lip. "There's nothing wrong with me I just wanna check on a couple things then go home."

"Morg-"

"Just drop it." She said looking up at him. He held his hands up in defense and let her have her way.

Her mind was running too fast for her and she needed it to slow down before her anxiety started to pick up. Kain leaving out of her life for ever? No, not possible. She had no idea why tho. She didn't want that and her mind was telling her she didn't need that. A tear threatened to fall from her eyes but she quickly blinked it away.

After doing errands the limo pulled up to her condo and Morgan stepped out. "I'll see you later." Silas looked a bit taken back because he usually goes up with her. "Alright, call me if you need me."

"I will." She closed the door and walked into the building and to her condo. Once she stepped in she instantly kicked her heels off and put her purse on the couch.

"You had him in ya' bed, Mo?" Kain questioned coming from around the back holding a thick diamond shinning bracket he bought her. "I knew I was gonna see you again tonight."

"You having some goofy ass nigga around you isn't gonna change the fact that you still want me."

"What makes you think I still want you? After everything you put me through. I must be smoking dick to honestly take you back."

"Well according to your security cameras. You've been smoking a lot of dick."

"The fuck are you saying?" She squinted her eyes and stepped up to him. Kain looked down at her and chuckled. "I'm not saying you've sucked his dick Mo'. Not that I know of."

"Why won't you leave me alone, Kain?"

"Stop acting like you didn't put cameras in my house or car to watch my every move. I'm not stupid Mawgan. I run 10 fucking cartels." He said in his thick New York accent. "What's your point?"

"You saying 'kain leave me alone' but your stalking me. And I also know your stalking me is because I'm stalking you." He lifted her hand up and placed the bracelet on her. "We can't leave each other alone, Mawgan. No matter how hard you try to not love me. Ima always love you."

"Look at me." Morgan looked into his eyes. "I love you." She spoke, "But I'm not going to be abused by you Kain. I'll never want to fight the man that I love a-again." She stuttered out. "We need more time apart."

"I can't do it. We can do anything but that. Therapy, counseling or what ever. But us not touching or being physically near each other is a no."

Tbc.......

Comment. Vote. Share

~~

So much is going on right now in my life. Before when I started to write this book my god daughter wasn't walking and it was much easier to just sit and write. But now she's walking and more things is going on it's literally impossible for me to write. I know y'all like, what does your god daughter got to do with anything where's her mom?? Well I'm her mom.