Epilogue

WHAT'S taking her so long? She's late, damn it! Napahawak ako sa dibdib at pilit na pinapakalma ang sarili. Subukan niya lang akong takbuhan.

"Daddy, you have to calm down po. Dadating si Mommy," Jacob said.

I nodded. Hindi niya iiwan si Jacob sa akin kaya hindi iyon tatakbo. I hope she doesn't get a sudden change of mind.

"Na-flat 'yong sasakyan na sinasakyan ni Rayzeah."

Dumating si Kiko at tinapik ang balikat ko.

"Sunduin natin," I said in a low voice.

"Maghintay ka nga, dadating din 'yon."

I nervously wipe my forehead. I'm sweating bullets. She's taking so long. Dapat nandito na siya. Kahit sa kasal namin ay pinapakaba talaga ako. Kulang na lang ay hatakin ko siya rito at iharap agad sa altar.

"Daddy, nag-call si Mommy. She's fine. She's coming." My son reached for my tux.

"Mukhang matatagalan. Dude, relax, the spare car is coming," Zeki tapped my shoulder.

Napapikit ako ng mariin. Mas lalo yatang nadagdagan ang kaba ko. I wanted to ask for more assurance that she's coming.

"Huwag kang mag-panic. Wala ka bang tiwala sa bride mo?"

My sister wiped the sweats on my forehead. I smiled at her. She was the mirror of a mother I never had. My mother never cared about me and my brother the same way my sister do. And I am grateful to have her in my life.

"I do. Thank you."

"Always, Alzien. I will always be here for you and Chase. I can't believe you're really getting married now. Inunahan mo pa ang Ate," she chuckled. "I love you, dear brother. I'm sorry if Mom and Dad can't understand you, us. Be a man for your family, okay? Tawagan mo lang ako kapag kailangan mo ng tulong," she added.

I embraced her with a tight hug and kissed the top of her head. It's not her fault that our parents is like that. Nagpapasalamat pa rin ako. Dahil ngayon tuluyan ng pumasok sa utak ko kung bakit pinipilit nila ang business course.

"You don't have to be sorry for them. And I will always call you to check up on you, not because I need something. Thank you for being the mother we never had. Thank you, Ate."

Narinig ko ang mahinang pagsinghot nito kasabay ang pagtawa. She caressed my back lightly.

"The bride is here! Everyone, in position!" the videographer shouted.

Bumitaw sa pagkakayakap sa akin ang kapatid ko at inayos ang tuxedo na suot ko. She also lowered her body to fix my son's tux. My son happily kissed her Tita in the cheeks which made my sister smile even more. Hindi masyadong marami ang tao sa simbahan. Just our friends, ang mga kapatid ko, katrabaho ng asawa ko, at ang mga tao sa bahay ampunan.

Ah, asawa ko, such a nice thing to hear. I really admire herr. I'm willing to give everything I have to her. Even my life, I'd sacrifice for her. My wife is already done with her part, and that's her sacrifices as a mother to our son. Now, it's my turn. It's my turn to strive for them. It's my turn to keep them.

My world stopped when the music started playing and the church's door opened, revealing my very very very pretty wife-to-be. My God, she's so beautiful. I deserve her.

"Huwag mong pabayaan ang pamilya mo, Hijo. Nandito lang kami, handang sumuporta at gumabay sa inyo. Mahalin at magtiwala kayo sa isa't isa. Inaasahan kong aalagaan mo ang alaga ko."

"Thank you, Mother Katherine. Sa pag-aalaga at pagmamahal kay Rayzeah. I will love her and make her happy. I promise to cherish her my whole life."

I smiled. I held her hand and walked with her to the altar. She smiled at me and my heart instantly beat rapidly. I'm nervous. Ang ganda-ganda ng diwatang ito.

"Dearly beloved, you have come together into the house of the Church so that in the presence of the Church's minister and the community your intention to enter into Marriage may be strengthened by the Lord with a sacred seal. And so, in the presence of the Church, I ask you to state your intentions."

I held my breathe as the priest turned looked at us.

"Are you prepared, as you follow the path of Marriage, to love and honor each other for as long as you both shall live?"

"I am."

"I am."

I vow to love and honor you, my wife, for as long as I live.

"Join your right hands, and declare your consent before God and his Church."

I held her hand and stared directly at her eyes. Nagniningning ang mga iyon at tumutulo ang kaniyang luha. Namumula na ang kaniyang ilong dahil kanina pa umiiyak. Ang ganda-ganda.

"I, Alzien Xyder Dela Rama, take you, Rayzeah Carangevill Alonzo, to be my lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part," nanginginig na ani ko.

May kung anong bumara sa lalamunan ko. Watching her crying in so much joy is making my heart ache in happiness.

"I, Rayzeah Carangevill Alonzo, take you, Alzien Xyder Dela Rama, to be my lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

As the wedding continues, my heart beats fast and loud. Sa tuwing napapatingin ako sa asawa ko ay napapangiti nalang ako na parang isang siraulo. I could stare at that face forever.

"In the sight of God and these witnesses, I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may now kiss the bride!"

I slowly pulled her veil up, showing me a clear sight of my wife's face. Wala sa sariling napahawak ako sa dibdib at napatitig sa kaniya ng ilang segundo. Narinig ko pa ang mahinang tawa ng mga tao na ikinatawa rin ng asawa ko.

What? Masama ba ang ma-in love ulit sa ganda ng asawa ko?

"I love you," I lovingly whispered. I pulled her into a deep kiss sending the people into chaos and happiness.

At last. I can finally call her my wife. This is my wife. Rayzeah Carangevill Alonzo-Dela Rama. The woman I'll be with for the rest of my life, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, from this day onward, until death do us apart.

The End