Conrad's past comes back once again

Conrad was dreaming that he was on the battlefield hearing his commanding officer  Capt. Nate Hill yelling, "Hawkins, stay down! That's an order!" Then it went black and he saw his fellow marine Jude Silva with Nic and they were kissing. He woke up breathing heavily and sweating. He pulled the covers off his body and sat on the side of the bed until he caught his breath, realizing he just experienced a nightmare. He hasn't had one since he and Nic were dating. After a few minutes, he heard Gigi giggling and he walked over to her nursery. Once at the door, he stopped for a minute before going in. He opened the door to find a happy Gigi. He picked her up, and walked over to her changing table to change her outfit saying, "There's my princess, you ready to start this day, huh?"

After the father-daughter duo ate their breakfasts and Conrad packed their things for work/daycare, they drove to Chastain Park Memorial Hospital. Once they arrived at the ER entrance, Nurse Ellen Hundley came over to them; Taking Gigi from Conrad saying, "I thought you weren't coming back here for a while?" Conrad looks at her unsure of how to answer her, "Honestly, I don't want to be here but Gigi needed a change so I'm here for her." Hundley nodded but knew something was bothering him, "Conrad, if you're not up to it, you can go home, we can handle the ER." Conrad nodded and said, "That's not the problem." He looked over to the guy in bay 4 with Irving and AJ. He walked over to see a man with black hair, about his age. He leaned on the bed; looking at the patient knowing exactly who he is, "Valor." The patient looked up at Conrad and smiled a happy smirk, "Honor." The two chuckled before Conrad walked towards him, clasping his hand with the patient's; they both said, "Victory." Conrad smiled at his former marine buddy, "Jude, What are you doing here?" Jude adjusted in the bed with a groan before saying, "I lied to you, brother. I didn't retire from the Marines."  Conrad was stunned that his friend lied to him.
across the room:
Gigi was fussing in Jessica's arms while she bounced up and down trying to calm her. Jude and Conrad looked in that direction, Conrad wanting to go over and comfort his daughter. Before he got up, Jude said, "that's a cute kid, I wonder who the lucky parents are?" Conrad put his head down chuckling, "Uh, Jude? Nic and I are the lucky parents. That's our daughter." Jude sat there in disbelief that his best friend was a dad, "What? Speaking of Nic, where is she?" Conrad exchanged a look with AJ and Irving. Turning to them he asks, "AJ, Irving, can you give us a minute?" Both nodded and went over to see if they could help with Gigi.

Conrad grabbed a stool nearby, looking at Jude saying, "Jude, Nic's gone." Jude chuckled, "What? you piss her off too as you did with Cat? Come on, Hawkins, don't you learn from your mistakes?" Conrad sighed, "Ju, I didn't drive Nic away; I wouldn't do that again. She died in a car accident two weeks ago unexpectedly." Jude sat there in disbelief that Conrad had lost the love of his life. He adjusted in his bed, "Oh Hawkins, I am so sorry. What can I do?" Conrad was on the verge of tears now; with his head hung low he said, " Nothing, Silva. There's nothing anyone can do; she's gone; My daughter doesn't have a mother anymore, and I don't have the love of my life anymore." Jude felt bad that his buddy went from having a partner to do life with to being a single dad. Conrad grabbed Jude's chart from the side table; looking at it he says, "Well, looks like you have some broken ribs and a twisted ankle. Now, this ankle isn't bad but I do want to prescribe you a splint and crutches if that's alright with you?" Jude looked at his buddy knowing he was just doing his job, "Hawkins, you can't be serious. I have to leave in two weeks for BootCamp; how long will it take to heal?" Conrad deadpanned trying so hard not to laugh, " Silva, it would be in your best interest to not go to BootCamp, your foot will take 4-6 weeks to heal." Jude sat there in disbelief that his military career could be ending. He drew a shallow breath saying, "ok, Dr. Hawkins, I trust you, order the crutches and splint." Conrad nodded, getting up and putting the order in on the computer. While he was doing that, Jude said, "Conrad, If you need anything, let me know brother." Conrad looked over his shoulder and smiled at his friend. He turned around and shook Jude's hand once he put the order in after handing Jude a slip of paper saying where to go to get his splint and crutches. He walked towards the elevator to go see more patients.

Hey guys, sorry I've kinda been MIA with this story. I'm in my senior year of high school and life's been crazy. Let me know what you guys think of this and if you think I should continue. If you want to communicate with me on Instagram, my handle is emma_rooney_04. Have a good day you guys.

your author emmarooney5