Evening Embrace

Conrad's House

Gigi: *clings to Conrad's leg, crying* "Dada, no go!"

Conrad: "It's okay, Gigi. Aunt Kit and Uncle Rand are going to take good care of you. I'll be back soon, I promise."

Gigi: *sobs* "Dada, stay..."

Kit: *kneels down to Gigi's level* "Hey there, sweetie. How about we play with your favorite toys? We'll have so much fun!"

Rand: "And we can even call Daddy later to say goodnight. How does that sound?"

Conrad: *gives Gigi a big hug* "I'll miss you too, sweetheart. Be good for Aunt Kit and Uncle Rand, okay?"

Gigi: *sniffles and nods* "Okay, Dada."

Conrad: *smiles reassuringly* "That's my girl. See you soon."

Later, Conrad and Emily's Conversation

Conrad: " Babe, Gigi was so upset when I left. She cried and clung to me. It broke my heart to leave her like that."

Emily: *distractedly* "Yeah, kids can be like that. So, what do you think about going to that new restaurant this weekend?"

Conrad: *frowns, feeling hurt* "Emily, I'm trying to talk to you about Gigi. It really bothered me that she was so upset."

Emily: *sighs* "I get it, sweetie. But she's with her Aunt Kit and Uncle Rand. She'll be fine. Let's not dwell on it, okay?"

Conrad: *feeling upset* "I just wish you'd understand how important this is to me. Gigi is my world, and it hurts when she's upset."
Emily: I do. Now come on, let's order some drinks."
Conrad: "I'm not thirsty."

Emily: "whatever, oh waiter!"

Conrad: *feels agitated by his girlfriend* "I think we should break up."

Emily: What? Why, Babe? I love you."

Conrad: " yeah well I can't be with someone who only cares about herself. Gigi is my everything and as her dad, I can't stand seeing her upset. Bye Emily."

*He walks out of the bar. Rushing home to his baby girl.*

Sure, here's how the dialogue might go:

---

Conrad: *walks in, sees Gigi playing and smiles* "Hey, there's my girl!"

Gigi: *toddles over and hugs him* "Dada!"

Conrad: *picks her up, hugging her tightly and tearing up a bit* "I missed you so much, sweetheart."

Aunt Kit: "She's been a little angel, Conrad. She was just waiting for you."

Conrad: *still holding Gigi, looks at Aunt Kit* "Thanks for taking care of her. I knew she was in good hands, but it was still hard to leave her."

Uncle Rand: "We understand. Family is everything."

Conrad: *nods, feeling emotional but reassured* "Yeah, it really is. I made the right decision."

Gigi: *giggles and pats his face* "Dada, happy!"

Conrad: *smiles through his tears* "Yes, Gigi. Dada's very happy now."

---

This shows Conrad's relief and joy at being reunited with Gigi, reinforcing the importance of family and his decision to prioritize her well-being.

Sure! Here's how Kit and Rand say goodbye, and then Conrad and Gigi spend the rest of the evening together:

---

Aunt Kit: *getting up* "We should probably get going. It's getting late."

Uncle Rand: *nodding* "Yeah, it's been a long day. But we're glad we could help out."

Conrad: *standing up with Gigi in his arms* "Thank you both so much. I really appreciate it."

Aunt Kit: *smiling* "Anytime, Conrad. You know we're always here for you and Gigi."

Uncle Rand: "Take care, buddy. We'll see you soon."

Conrad: "You too. Drive safe."

*Kit and Rand wave goodbye and head out the door.*

---

Conrad: *looking at Gigi* "Looks like it's just us now, sweetheart. What do you want to do?"

Gigi: *yawning a bit* "Book, Dada."

Conrad: "Alright, let's read a book before bed."

*He carries Gigi over to her bookshelf and picks out her favorite bedtime story. They settle down in the rocking chair, and Conrad starts reading softly.*

Gigi: *snuggling close, eyes getting heavy* "Dada, love."

Conrad: *smiling, feeling a warmth in his heart* "I love you too, Gigi. Always."

*After finishing the story, Conrad gently lays Gigi in her crib, tucking her in with her favorite blanket. He watches her drift off to sleep, feeling a profound sense of gratitude and love.*

Conrad: *whispering* "Sweet dreams, my little girl."

*He quietly leaves the room, knowing that he made the right decision to be there for Gigi and cherishing the peaceful moments they shared together.*