A night of comfort and support

After Conrad's cautious acceptance, he decides to make an effort to get to know Gina better. He invites her and his dad over for dinner at his place, wanting to observe how she interacts with Gigi in a more relaxed setting.

The evening starts off a bit tense, with Conrad feeling a bit on edge, but Gina's warm and genuine nature begins to break the ice. She brings a small gift for Gigi, a soft teddy bear, which immediately wins the little girl over.

Gina: "I thought Gigi might like this. I know she loves her stuffed animals."

Gigi's eyes light up as she hugs the teddy bear tightly, and Conrad can't help but smile at her joy. As the night progresses, they share stories and laughter, and Conrad starts to feel more at ease.

During dinner, Gina shares some of her own experiences, revealing a compassionate and understanding side. She talks about her work as a nurse and how she's always been passionate about helping others, which resonates with Conrad given his own career in the medical field.

Gina: "I've seen how tough it can be, working those long hours and dealing with the emotional toll. But having a strong support system makes all the difference."

After Gina shares her experiences as a nurse, the room feels a bit more relaxed. But suddenly, Gigi starts to cry and reaches for Conrad, her eyes filled with tears.

Gigi: "Mama, mama," she sobs, clinging to Conrad.

Conrad immediately picks her up, holding her close to comfort her.

Conrad: "You miss mama, huh? Yeah, me too, bubble."

Marshall, who has been quietly observing, steps forward with a gentle suggestion.

Marshall: "Do you want me to go get the picture of the three of you Kyle took after she was born?"

Conrad nods, appreciating the gesture. While Marshall goes to retrieve the photo, Gina watches the scene unfold, seeing the close bond between Conrad, his father, and Gigi. It's a moment that speaks volumes about the love and support in their little family.

Marshall returns with the framed picture and hands it to Conrad. Conrad shows it to Gigi, who calms down as she looks at the familiar faces.

Conrad: "See, bubble? Mama's always with us."

Gina smiles softly, touched by the tenderness of the moment. She realizes how deeply connected Conrad is with his daughter and his father, and it makes her even more determined to be a positive presence in their lives.

Marshall offers to drop Gina back at her house, then come back to help Conrad clean up and take care of Gigi.

Marshall: "I'll drop Gina off at her place and then come back to help you out with Gigi and cleaning up."

But Conrad shakes his head with a grateful smile.

Conrad: "Dad, you've helped me so much since Nic died. You need to start enjoying life, like spending time with your new girlfriend Gina."

He smiles at Gina, all while bouncing a still fussy Gigi to try and calm her down. Marshall hesitates for a moment, then nods, understanding Conrad's point.

Marshall: "Alright, but you know I'm always here if you need me."

Gina smiles back at Conrad, feeling touched by his words and the close bond between father and son.

They share a warm hug, and Marshall leans down to speak softly to Gigi.

Marshall: "Alright sweetie, I'll see you tomorrow. I love you."

He kisses the top of Gigi's head. As Marshall turns to leave, Gigi starts to fuss and cry again, babbling "ga ga," which is her way of calling out to Marshall. Conrad tries to comfort her, but she remains fussy. Seeing this, Marshall steps back.

Marshall: "Let me try holding her for a bit."

Conrad hands Gigi over to Marshall, and she settles down a little in his arms, her cries turning into soft whimpers. Marshall smiles, gently rocking her.

Marshall: "Looks like she just needed her 'ga ga.'"

Conrad chuckles softly, feeling grateful for his dad's support.

Gina watches the scene unfold with a warm smile. She feels a deep sense of admiration for Marshall's gentle way with Gigi and the strong bond between the three of them.

Gina: "It's so sweet how much she loves you, Marshall. You really have a special touch with her."

Marshall looks up at Gina, appreciating her kind words.

Marshall: "Thanks, Gina. She's a special little girl."

Gina's heart melts a bit more as she sees the love and care in Marshall's eyes, and she feels even more connected to this little family.

Sure, here's a way to wrap up the chapter:

The next morning, Conrad stands at the nurses' station, recounting the events of the previous night to Devon and Irving. Jessica and Hundley are nearby, clearly eavesdropping.

Conrad: "So after Marshall held her, Gigi finally calmed down. It was such a relief. I don't know what I'd do without his help."

Devon: "It's amazing how much of a difference family support can make."

Irving: "Sounds like Marshall has a real knack with Gigi. You're lucky to have him around."

Jessica and Hundley share a knowing glance, touched by the story.

Jessica: "It's heartwarming to see how much love and support you all have for each other."

Hundley: "Absolutely. It's moments like these that remind us why we do what we do."

Conrad smiles, feeling grateful for his friends and colleagues who always have his back. The chapter ends on a note of camaraderie and support, highlighting the strong bonds within the hospital family.