Conrad's therapy

Ms. Taylor: (smiling warmly) "Hi, Conrad. It's nice to meet you. Please, have a seat."

Conrad: (sitting down, looking a bit nervous) "Thanks."

Ms. Taylor: "So, what brings you here today?"

Conrad: (taking a deep breath) "I've been having panic attacks. The last one was pretty bad, and it made me realize I need to talk to someone."

Ms. Taylor: "I'm glad you reached out. Panic attacks can be really tough. Can you tell me more about what's been going on in your life lately?"

Conrad: (hesitating) "Well, a lot has changed. My wife, Nic, passed away suddenly, and I've been trying to cope with being a single father to our daughter, Gigi."

Ms. Taylor: (nodding empathetically) "That must be incredibly challenging. I'm so sorry for your loss. How have you been managing everything?"

Conrad: "It's been hard. I try to stay strong for Gigi, but sometimes it feels like too much. I miss Nic every day, and I worry about being a good father."

Ms. Taylor: "It's completely understandable to feel overwhelmed. Losing a spouse and becoming a single parent so suddenly is a huge adjustment. It's important to give yourself permission to grieve and to seek support when you need it."

Conrad: "I know. I just... I don't want to let Gigi down. She deserves the best."

Ms. Taylor: "And she has a loving father who cares deeply for her. That's a wonderful start. Therapy can be a space where you can explore these feelings and find ways to cope with the stress and grief. You're not alone in this."

Conrad: (nodding) "I hope so. I just want to do right by her and find a way to move forward."

Ms. Taylor: "We'll work on it together, one step at a time. It's okay to take things slowly and to lean on others for support."

Conrad: "Thank you. I think this is what I needed."

Ms. Taylor: "You're welcome, Conrad. We'll take it one session at a time and figure things out together."

After the hour-long session, Conrad leaves Ms. Taylor's office feeling a bit lighter but also emotionally drained. He takes a moment to sit in his car, reflecting on the conversation. The weight of his grief and the pressure of single fatherhood are still there, but he feels a small glimmer of hope knowing he's taken the first step towards healing.

As he drives home, he thinks about Gigi and how much she needs him. When he arrives home, Marshall is at the door holding baby Gigi. Marshall greets him warmly, "Hey, Conrad. Look who's excited to see her daddy!"

Conrad's heart melts as he sees Gigi's tiny face light up. He takes her gently from Marshall, holding her close. "Daddy's going to be okay, and we're going to be okay too," he whispers to her.

Conrad, holding Gigi close, feels a renewed sense of purpose. He thanks Marshall for his support and heads inside with his daughter. The house feels a bit more like home now, filled with the warmth of family.

As the evening progresses, Conrad spends time playing with Gigi, feeding her, and putting her to bed. The routine brings him a sense of normalcy and comfort. He knows there will be tough days ahead, but moments like these give him strength.

Later, Conrad sits down with a cup of tea, reflecting on the day's events. He decides to continue with therapy and make an effort to lean on his friends and family more. He realizes that healing is a journey, and he's ready to take it one step at a time for Gigi and himself.

Conrad feels a bit more hopeful about the future, knowing he's not alone in this.