Conrad's birthday

Conrad wakes up to the sound of Gigi cooing in her crib. He smiles and walks over to her.

Conrad: "Good morning, my little sunshine! Guess what? Today is Daddy's birthday!"

He picks her up and gives her a gentle kiss on the forehead.

Just as Conrad finishes preparing a simple breakfast, there's a knock at the door. He opens it to find his dad and Gina standing there with coffee and donuts.

Conrad's Dad: "Happy Birthday, son!"

Gina: "We brought you some breakfast treats!"

Conrad: "Thanks, you guys! This is a great surprise."

They all sit down to enjoy the coffee and donuts together. After a while, Conrad's dad hands him an envelope.

Conrad's Dad: "This is for you. It's from Nic."

Conrad opens the envelope and reads the note inside, written in Nic's handwriting:

Nic's Note: "Conrad, with this being your first birthday without me and as a dad, I wanted to make it fun for you. So I have arranged for your dad and my dad to take you around town, with Gigi of course, to all the places that were special to us. At every stop, someone important to you will give you a clue, and at the end, you will get a surprise from me. Happy birthday, baby. I love you."

Conrad feels a mix of emotions but mostly joy and gratitude.

Conrad: "Wow, this is amazing. Thank you so much."

They start their journey around town, visiting places that hold special memories. At each stop, they meet someone significant who gives Conrad a clue for the next location.

1. First Stop: Jude Silva
- Location: Conrad meets Jude at a local café.
- Clue/Message: Jude gives Conrad a heartfelt letter and a clue leading to the next location, perhaps a childhood memory they share.

2. Second Stop: Childhood Park
- Location: The park where Conrad spent many afternoons playing.
- Clue/Message: Conrad's best friend is waiting with an old photo and a riddle that points to their high school.

3. Third Stop: High School
- Location: The front steps of their high school.
- Clue/Message: Conrad's favorite teacher hands him a note with a quote from a book they studied together, directing him to the coffee shop.

4. Fourth Stop: Coffee Shop
- Location: The local coffee shop where Conrad often goes.
- Clue/Message: The barista friend gives him his favorite drink and a napkin with a drawing that leads to the library.

5. Fifth Stop: Local Library
- Location: The library where Conrad discovered his love for reading.
- Clue/Message: The librarian presents a book with a hidden message inside, guiding him to the beach or lake.

6. Sixth Stop: Beach or Lake
- Location: A serene spot by the water.
- Clue/Message: A family member is there with a picnic and a final clue that takes him to the special spot with Nic.

7. Final Stop: Special Spot with Nic
- Location: A place that holds special meaning for both Conrad and Nic.
- Clue/Message: Nic's dad is there with a final message or surprise from Nic, bringing the scavenger hunt to a heartfelt conclusion.

Each stop is filled with personal touches and memories, making the entire journey a meaningful adventure for Conrad.

At the final stop, Nic gives Conrad a beautifully wrapped box. Inside the box, Conrad finds a scrapbook filled with photos and mementos from their time together, meticulously put together by Nic. There's also a handwritten letter from Nic, expressing gratitude for their friendship and the adventures they've shared.

Gigi, who has been with Conrad the whole time, smiles and hands Conrad a small, engraved keychain with the words "To many more adventures" on it. This symbolizes their ongoing journey and the strong bond they share.

So when they get home, Conrad gently lays Gigi down for a nap. He then takes some time to look through the scrapbook alone, feeling a mix of emotions as he remembers all the special moments with Nic. He might even share some of those memories with Gigi later when she wakes up, talking to her about how much Nic loved her. It's a sweet way to keep Nic's spirit alive in their hearts!