Nate's funeral

Jude: "Nate was a good man. He always had a way of making everyone feel welcome and appreciated."

One of Conrad's old colleagues: "I remember Nate from the old days. He was always the life of the party, always had a smile on his face."

Another colleague: "Even though we haven't seen each other in years, hearing about Nate brought back so many memories. He was truly one of a kind."

Nate's family member: "He was the glue that held us together. We'll miss his warmth and his laughter."

This captures the essence of the gathering, with people from different parts of Nate's life coming together to remember him.

Conrad steps up, taking a deep breath before speaking.

Conrad: "Nate was more than just a brother to me. He was a mentor, a friend, and a source of endless support. Even after all these years, his lessons and his laughter stayed with me. Seeing all of you here, people who knew him from different parts of his life, it just shows how much he touched everyone he met. We'll carry his spirit with us, always."

After the funeral, Conrad heads home, feeling emotionally drained but also comforted by the presence of those who remembered Nate. As he walks through the door, he sees Gigi toddling towards him with a big smile on her face.

Gigi: "Daddy!"

Conrad: (scooping her up) "Hey there, my little sunshine. I missed you so much."

Gigi giggles and wraps her tiny arms around his neck, her happiness bringing a sense of peace and warmth to Conrad's heart. He then turns to Hundley and Rayleigh.

Conrad: "Thank you both so much for watching her. I really appreciate it."

Hundley: "No problem at all, Conrad. She was a delight."

Rayleigh: "She's such a joy to be around. Anytime you need us, we're here."

As they sit together, Gigi looks up at Conrad with her big, curious eyes.

Gigi: "Daddy, are you sad about Uncle Nate?"

Conrad takes a deep breath and nods, his voice gentle.

Conrad: "Yes, sweetheart, I am. Uncle Nate was very special to me. But being here with you makes me feel a lot better."

Gigi gives him a comforting hug, her small arms wrapped tightly around his neck.

Gigi: "I love you, Daddy."

Conrad: "I love you too, Gigi. So much."

After Gigi's comforting hug, Conrad feels a renewed sense of strength and love.

Conrad: "You know, Gigi, Uncle Nate would have loved to see you so happy and full of life. He always wanted the best for us."

Gigi smiles and snuggles closer to him, her presence a soothing balm to his heart.

Conrad: "How about we make some dinner together? I think Uncle Nate would want us to keep finding joy in the little things."

Gigi nods enthusiastically, and they head to the kitchen, hand in hand. As they prepare a simple meal, Conrad feels a sense of peace knowing that, despite the sadness, he has his daughter by his side to help him through.

The next day, Conrad decides to go back to work, hoping to find some semblance of normalcy. As the chief resident, he heads straight to his office. Shortly after he settles in, Irving knocks on the door and steps inside.

Irving: "Hey, Conrad. I heard about Nate. I'm so sorry for your loss."

Conrad: "Thanks, Irving. I appreciate it."

A little later, Jessica comes by his office.

Jessica: "Conrad, I just wanted to say I'm really sorry about Nate. If you need anything, just let us know."

Conrad: "Thank you, Jessica. That means a lot."

During a break, Bell and Kit find him in his office.

Bell: "Conrad, I can't imagine what you're going through. I'm here if you need to talk."

Kit: "We're all thinking about you. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need support."

Conrad: "Thanks, Bell. Thanks, Kit. It helps to know you're here."

Later in the day, Jake stops by.

Jake: "Hey, man. Just wanted to say I'm really sorry about Nate. If you need anything, we're all here for you."

Conrad: "Thanks, Jake. I appreciate it."

By the end of the day, Conrad feels a bit more at ease, knowing that even in his workplace, he has a network of support.

To wrap up this chapter, you could bring it back to the core theme of togetherness and support. Here's a suggestion:

---

As the day ends, Conrad locks up his office and heads home. The weight of the day's condolences and support lingers, but he feels a bit lighter knowing he's not alone in his grief. When he walks through the front door, he's greeted by the sight of Gigi toddling towards him, her tiny steps wobbly but determined.

Gigi: "Dada!"

Conrad scoops her up, feeling a rush of warmth and love.

Conrad: "Hey there, sweetheart."

In the living room, Billie and Trevor are setting the table for dinner, while Nic and Kyle are chatting in the kitchen. Marshall is playing with Gigi's toys, making her giggle.

Billie: "Welcome home, Conrad. Dinner's almost ready."

Trevor: "We thought you might like a home-cooked meal tonight."

Conrad looks around at his family, feeling a profound sense of gratitude.

Conrad: "Thanks, everyone. I really needed this."

As they gather around the table, Conrad realizes that despite the pain of losing Nate, the love and support of his family will help him through. They share stories, laughter, and a few tears, but most importantly, they share the strength to face whatever comes next, together.

---

This brings the chapter to a close with a strong emphasis on family unity and the healing power of being surrounded by loved ones.

As the day ends, Conrad locks up his office and heads home. The weight of the day's condolences and support lingers, but he feels a bit lighter knowing he's not alone in his grief. When he walks through the front door, he's greeted by the sight of Gigi toddling towards him, her tiny steps wobbly but determined.

Gigi: "Dada!"

Conrad scoops her up, feeling a rush of warmth and love.

Conrad: "Hey there, sweetheart."

In the living room, Billie and Trevor are setting the table for dinner, while Nic and Kyle are chatting in the kitchen. Marshall is playing with Gigi's toys, making her giggle.

Billie: "Welcome home, Conrad. Dinner's almost ready."

Trevor: "We thought you might like a home-cooked meal tonight."

Conrad looks around at his family, feeling a profound sense of gratitude.

Conrad: "Thanks, everyone. I really needed this."

As they gather around the table, Conrad realizes that despite the pain of losing Nate, the love and support of his family will help him through. They share stories, laughter, and a few tears, but most importantly, they share the strength to face whatever comes next, together.