Heartfelt support

Conrad: (sitting on a park bench, lost in thought)

Catherine: (approaching cautiously) "Conrad? Is that you?"

Conrad: (looking up, surprised) "Catherine? Wow, it's been a while."

Catherine: "Yeah, it has. I heard about Nic... I'm so sorry."

Conrad: (nodding) "Thanks. It's been tough. How have you been?"

Catherine: "I've been okay. I moved back to town recently. My husband and I just had a baby."

Conrad: "Congratulations. That's wonderful news. How's the little one?"

Catherine: "Thanks. She's amazing, but it's been a lot to handle. And you? How are you holding up?"

Conrad: "It's been a rollercoaster. Marion and I... we broke up."

Catherine: (sitting down beside him) "I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes life has a way of throwing curveballs at us."

Conrad: "Yeah, it does. Seeing you here... it brings back a lot of memories."

Catherine: "It does. You were always good at helping me see things clearly. Maybe that's what you need right now."

Conrad: "Maybe. It's good to see you, Catherine. I appreciate you stopping by."

Catherine: "Anytime, Conrad. If you ever need to talk or just want some company, I'm here."

Conrad: "Thanks, Catherine. Maybe we can catch up properly sometime?"

Catherine: "I'd like that. Let's take it one step at a time."

(A few days later, Conrad decides to take Catherine up on her offer and calls her.)

Conrad: "Hey, Catherine. It's Conrad. Are you free to grab a coffee sometime this week?"

Catherine: "Hey, Conrad! I'd love to. How about Thursday afternoon?"

Conrad: "Thursday works for me. Let's meet at that little café on Maple Street?"

Catherine: "Perfect. See you then!"

(Thursday afternoon, at the café)

Conrad: (smiling as Catherine walks in) "Hey, it's good to see you."

Catherine: "You too, Conrad. How have you been?"

Conrad: "I've been managing. Work keeps me busy, and I've been spending more time with my dad."

Catherine: "That's good. Support is important. How's he doing?"

Conrad: "he's been strong for Gigi and I but I can tell it's hard for him, he loved Nic as much as the rest of us did. We're all trying to be there for each other."

Catherine: "I'm glad you have each other. And how about you? Are you finding any time for yourself?"

Conrad: "Trying to. It's a work in progress. This... meeting up with you, it's a good step."

Catherine: "I'm glad to hear that. Sometimes, just talking and being around friends can make a big difference."

Conrad: "You're right. Thanks for being here, Catherine."

Catherine: "Anytime, Conrad. Let's make sure to do this more often."

Sure, here's what could happen next:

---

Conrad: "So, how have things been with you?"

Catherine: "It's been a whirlwind, honestly. Work has been demanding, but I'm managing."