f o r t y - n i n e

"Guess what," I grin. I grab Conrad's face in my hands and force him to stare at me.

He laughs, and his cheeks get smushed by the pressure of my hands so I start laughing too. "What?" He asks.

"I got the job, with the Rosenbergs! Four days a week, five hours. $15 an hour for two kids! All paid under the tablet so $300 a week!" I cheer.

"Babe! That's awesome! I'm so proud of you!" He says, wrapping his arms around me squeezing me tightly. "When do you start?" He asks.

      "Next Monday, tomorrow I go when your working to meet the kids and the husband. The kids are so cute. I saw pictures of them. And the Mom oh we talked for almost an hour! Oddly enough we have a lot of the same taste; books, movies, hobbies. We started talking about that more then my babysitting experience at one point." I laugh.

      He smiles and I can see how genuine it is because it reaches his eyes. He grabs my hand, "that's awesome. I'm so happy for you. You seem so happy about this, so you know how old the kids are?"

       "The oldest is four, and I think the youngest is 8 months?" I say and he makes a face, like that's too young. "I love babies. I babysat for my aunt when my cousins were younger, they're so easy when they're that age. It's just a lot of walking, and you can't forget the binkie," I pause. "Ever. Biggest mistake in the book."

       "Sounds like you got this down then," he says. "Shall we celebrate?"

      "Honestly, can we just have a night in. If I get high right now, I feel like it might dim my excitement. I feel a life high right now."

      "Hey, it's your night. We can do whatever you want," he grins, leaning in slowly.

      "Gross," I say palming his face and shoving him back playfully.

       "I'm offended," he pouts, placing a hand to his heart.

      "Is that so?" I tease.

      "Yes, it hurts. Right here," he says pointing to his heart. "I think only one thing can fix the pain..." he says leaving that hanging in the air.

     "Hmmm, and what's that?" I ask.

     "A kiss," he shrugs gently.

      "Oh gosh, I guess to make up for me being rude!" I say then place a small kiss on his lips.

      "That was literally.2 seconds, that did nothing." He frowns. "Try again."

     And I do, I press my lips into his and count to five before I let go. "There you go, all healed. Let's go celebrate me," I grin and skip up to my house.

     "You're lucky I love you!" He shouts from behind.

     "I know!" I shout back.

authors note:
my car is totaled, and i just had the stomach bug yesterday. short chapters are all i can give rn lmao hope you enjoy