17

Brooklyn

I wake up on Wednesday, I put my glasses on and walk into my closet, I pull out a white cropped halter type shirt, a denim button up, and some black jeggings. I throw clothes all over my room in search for my black combat boots. When I finally find them I slip them on my feet and let my hair cascade down my back in its natural waves. (The outfit is pictured above or on the side or wherever.)

I quickly swipe my liquid eyeliner brush across my eye, creating a subtle wing at the end, and coat my eye lashes in thick coats of mascara.

I slide my glasses back on my head, grab my leather backpack, and walk out the door into my white escalade.

I get in and slide my hands down the wheel, reveling in the leather interior I've come so accustomed to.

I push the ignition button, and the car rumbles to life, the smooth purr of the engine pulsing through my feet and through out the rest of my body.

I turn on the radio and him along to the top 3 most over played songs on the radio at the moment, and enjoy my ride to hell.

I pass multiple Jeeps on my way, reminding me that I want to buy one. Next car to add to Taylor and my collection.

I turn into the school's parking lot and after searching for 3 minutes straight I find a spot.

I turn off the car and step out, the chilly air of North Carolina that nips at my nose reminding me that it's November. I sigh deeply, sucking in the cool air, letting it fill my lungs and then exhaling, before I walk into the building.

I walk up Hayes and our group of friends, "Hey guys" I say and flash a smile. Hayes rolls his eyes while the others wave and mumble their greetings back to me.

Hayes has been doing this since Sunday, I'm trying to brush it off, but it's getting a little insulting and it makes me feel awful about myself.

I drown out the conversation going on around me and try to focus on why Hayes would be such a dick to me. But then I remember, I told him I fucked Jack.

The bell echoes above our heads, releasing me from the conversation I wasn't even involved in. I walk to piano with Hayes, no conversation, no joking, no laughing, nothing. An eerie feeling falls over me and I think that I was right, I did fuck everything up by telling Hayes.

We reach the classroom and he opens the door for me, we both enter and he sits down in a far corner, away from the pianos we normally sit at together.

I sigh, and sit at my normal piano, this is going to be an exhausting day.

~~~

AFTER SCHOOL

"Hayes," I call to him as he exits the school 10 steps ahead of me. He turns his head towards me and rolls his eyes, okay what's with him his eyes are going to get permanently stuck inside his head.

"Hey." he says blandly.

"Come over." I state, not really in the mood to ask if he wants to because I don't care.

"Okay." he shrugs and follows me to my car. I get in the driver's seat and Hayes sits next to me.

"What's wrong. You've been short with me since Sunday, I thought we agreed no strings attached when we started this agreement?" I stare intently at the road, making sure not to break focus even though my mind is somewhere else.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Brooklyn." He says and I can tell he just rolled his eyes.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, Hayes." My hands grip the steering wheel tighter than they ever have before, causing my knuckles to turn white.

"You really want to know what's bothering me?" Hayes asks, out of my peripheral vision I see him look at me.

I pull over the car on to the side of the road and put it in park, I turn to look at Hayes, "I would love to know." I exaggerate.

"You said our relationship means nothing, you let another guy fuck you while we're dating, even if it's fake you don't understand how much of a slut that makes you seem like! Were you not at all aware of my feelings or of me in general when you did that? I feel like there should have been some bond built between us after a month of non stop hanging out with each other." He says, his voice louder than normal.

"I didn't think it mattered! You said no strings attached! Anyway you're THE Hayes Grier, I really didn't believe a guy like you would care what a girl like I did." I roll my eyes and cross my arms.

"You're fucking unbelievable. You don't think of anyone but yourself. You're selfish, conceited, you don't realize what anyone does for you, you're ridiculous! I want to try and find a good thing about you Brooklyn, I really do, but its so hard when that fucking slut shield you put up gets in the way!" He screams in my face.

"You know nothing about me Hayes." I spit back between clenched teeth.

I put the car back in drive and make a 180 towards Hayes's house.

The car ride is silent as tears threaten to leave my eyes, how could he say that? He literally doesn't know me at all. No wonder why he doesn't care about any of the words that he spits into my ears.

I speed all the way to his house, not wanting to spend another second with him. When I pull into his drive way and he's about to get out of the car he turns to me, "this agreement is over." He says, not making eye contact.

"What?" I say in disbelief, not caring that my voice cracks and I probably look like a toddler about to burst into

"I'm done with this. I don't ever want to have to see you again, you don't have to do my homework anymore, I would like if you never spoke to me again honestly." he says, still not looking at me.

"Fuck you, Hayes." I say and wait for him to get out of my car. He closes the door and turns around to look into the car again, he looks like he's about to say something when the pathetic, sympathetic look falls onto his face when he sees me crying.

I floor it, I don't need him, I don't want to be near him ever again.

I hate Benjamin Hayes Grier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~