39

Hayes

Her petite frame leans against me as she hums lightly in response to my voice.

"Hi Hayesy." She responds, linking her fingers with mine. My spine tingles in response, something I never thought would happen with Brooklyn Dayes.

We walk in the kitchen, a huge smile present on both our faces as we walk to the two empty seats waiting for us.

Gladly, my family didn't make anything too awkward, allowing Brooklyn to be herself and let her beautiful laugh ring through my house, coaxing smiles onto the rest of my family.

"Brooklyn I'm so glad that you decided to come today." My mom said as we all finished dinner, forks and knives clanging against plates.

"Elizabeth the pleasures all mine, it was really great meeting you Will, and seeing you all again. I hope I see more of you guys." She says cheerily, a blush creeping on to her cheeks when my hand comes in contact with her thigh.

"Of course we will honey, now you kids go run off and do, whatever it is you do." She waves her hand, dismissing Brooke's attempt to help her clean, and we walk upstairs to my room.

"God I've been waiting for us to be alone this whole time." I whisper, holding Brooke close to my body.

"You have no idea." She presses her soft lips to mine, catching me off guard. I soon relax against her familiar feeling. Tangling my fingers in her long brown hair.

We end up on my bed, her body laying comfortably against mine, when we finally pull away out of breath.

"That was quite the show." Nash's voice says from the doorway.

Brooklyn falls off my body when the voice startles her and Nash laughs his head off. "What do you want now, Nash?" I roll my eyes and he snickers.

"I wanted to congratulate you on getting together, I didn't know you liked my sloppy seconds." He smirks.

"What?" Brooklyn and I say at the same time.

"Don't act like you don't know, Brookie. We fucked at that party, right after Hayes told me he could only like you if you changed your appearance completely, before you two had your agreement. And we've hooked up multiple times after that, blue eyes." My eyes widen in confusion, I look towards Brooklyn, for some kind of help, but she's frozen in her place on the floor, she looked utterly terrified.

What the fuck is going on.

~~~

Brooklyn

My brain hurts when the realization hits me that the mystery Blue Eyed boy from all those parties has been Nash.

The brother of the guy I'm in love with.

I feel nauseous when Hayes puts his hand on my shoulder, a worried look drowns his expression. "Brooklyn what is he talking about?" Hayes asks warily.

"I-It's true. I didn't know it was him at the time." My eyes start to water as Hayes's hand lifts from my shoulder. "Hayes, Hayes please listen to me I didn't mean for it to happen." I say and turn to look at him, his eyes fixed on the floor.

"I know I can't technically be mad at you, because you were drunk so you didn't know, plus we weren't together at the time," I let out a large breath, thinking he was understanding, "but you lost your virginity to my brother. That's a lot to take in and I need some space." He said quietly. I nod, understanding and walking out of his room, actually I practically ran.

I hopped in my car, starting it and backing out of the house.

"I can't believe I did this. I can't believe it. I'm so stupid." I repeated to myself over and over, not believing I did this to myself. Nash? Nash of all people on this planet?

I pull at my hair, finally shoving it into a pony tail. It felt familiar and I liked it. I needed familiar-- a familiar that wasn't the ends of Hayes's baggy t-shirts comfortingly rubbing my thighs, or Hayes's blue eyes and trying to read what's behind them, or the hum of his voice through the phone on one of our late night calls, or his cologne spilling into my nostrils as we embrace, or the ambush he has on all my senses when our lips finally press against each other.

I finally park my car in my drive way, not realizing how long it took me to drive home from Hayes's house until I saw an unfamiliar car in the round about drive way.

I look it over, and then walk inside, seeing the devilishly evil blue eyes I resent staring back at me. "Nash." I say through gritted teeth.

"Brookie, let's talk." He said rather happily.

"I'd rather not, thanks for the nauseating offer, though." I reply shortly, wasting no time in shoving past him and into my room.

I throw on one of my old t shirts, one that I had hidden in my closet from Angela when she was revamping my wardrobe. I pair it with a old, worn pair of boyfriend jeans that I felt comfortable in, and walked into the bathroom.

No matter how long I had this new look, it wasn't the familiar I needed. This look reminded me of Hayes, and I needed an old familiar that warms your heart.

I stare at my reflection in disgust as a pounding ensues on my bedroom door. I ignore it, taking ample time to wipe all of my make up off and slide my old glasses onto my face.

When I looked back in the mirror I gasped at my reflection. It was almost surprisingly exactly what I had expected. My blue eyes behind the thin rimmed glasses, my hair pulled into a neat pony tail. I has come so accustomed to my new self that this barely even resembled the me that I know today, but I was going to have to get used to it.

Because for now, I'm back to the old, familiar, Brooklyn Indigo Dayes.

The pounding continues, never swaying, never settling, a voice never even spoke to replace the steady pounds against the door.

I roll my eyes and open the door to find Nash standing on the other end. "What the fuck." He said in a surprised-- not insulted-- way when he looked at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FINALLY BLUE EYES IS REVEALED!!!