Chapter 19

The buzzing of your phone wakes you up. You groan, roll over and blink at the screen.

You have to read over the notification twice before it registers–

You have 10 missed texts from Gojo.

Eep! You sit up and open them immediately.

The first is a picture of him eating an expensive-looking dessert with the caption: "Jealous?"

Then about two hours later: "Hey, you awake?"

Followed by: "Ijichi-san is at the school today, don't be afraid to say hi <3"

And the most recent one:

.

.

.

.

.

"Hey! Just because I'm not there doesn't mean you get to sleep in!"

He sent each of the dots as a separate text, which is the reason you woke up.

You smile as you answer them with sleepy fingers, and then you notice the time.

Oh crap! It's already past noon!

You hop out of bed. As soon as you do the memory of the dream comes flooding back to you.

Your head spins. Kiyomo Koretoki. Was all of that real? You've never remembered a dream so vividly before, and everything he said made sense. Plus as imaginative as you are, you don't think your brain could've come up with all of that. So yes, we'll go with yes for now.

So that is who the Dark Angel is. He isn't as scary as you thought. Actually, thinking about the dream makes you feel kind of warm. Your mind is expanded with all of these new possibilities, all of the things you can do with your heart energy and—

Shit, you didn't ask him the one thing you really wanted to know.

After all that you still don't know how the True Source Revival technique works.

You knock yourself on the side of the head. On top of that, you now have this message to deliver to Sukuna. Lovely. And how are you going to do that? Walk up to him and say "Knock knock, is the king of curses home? I've got a delivery for you."

You sigh. Speaking of Sukuna, something still doesn't add up. If what Kiyomo said about the necklace was true, then Sukuna could have killed you any way he wanted to and Kiyomo still would have been freed. So why did he opt for your heart? Why did he give you the chance to revive?

Oh well, you'll worry about it later. For now, you better go out for a run; these new limbs of yours are demanding to be exercised daily.

You head out to the training field expecting to meet the rest of your friends there, but when you arrive the only one sitting on the field is Yuuji-kun himself.

You walk over to him.

He sits with his feet stretched out in front of him, and a troubled look on his face.

"Hey, Itadori," you say as you approach.

Yuuji looks up. "Oh, hey [M/C]!"

You look around the empty field. "Where is everyone?"

He frowns. "Ijichi-san took them out for lunch."

"Oh, I see... so, why aren't you with them?"

Yuuji blushes and scratches his head. "I, uh... slept in."

You sigh. "You and me both," you say. You take a seat in the grass next to him. "We seem to be in the same boat a lot."

"Yeah..."