29

she was now standing beside the iron railing of the terrace she was wondering that what suddenly made Benjamin left the university while he was so happy here, to study among the best professors, and also he was a bright student that every teacher ...

she was now standing beside the iron railing of the terrace she was wondering that what suddenly made Benjamin left the university while he was so happy here, to study among the best professors, and also he was a bright student that every teacher loved but still.

the last time he visited her home, his behaviour was like something bad had happened with him, and the way he said to her that he was once in love with a girl but he couldn't confess and made it late and in the end someone took her away from him.

she heaved a sigh after roaming these things in her head and just to hear an unexpected voice that clearly made her startle.

"what're thinking about?" she looked at her left shoulder as it was maverick, she inhaled a deep breathe of relief. "benjamin left the university suddenly." she said while sitting down in the old sofa, he turned around with crossed arms over his chest.

"the new guy? who was your friend, i guess?" Alethea nodded in agreement on his words, he hummed with knitted brows. "why?" "that's what I don't even know." Alethea said annoyed with her knitted brows.

"maybe he just wanted to." Said maverick trying to shake off the thought of Benjamin because he wanted Alethea's attention to him only and his attention to Alethea.

he crouched down in-front of her, and held her hands into his warm and big ones. he looked into her eyes as she looked back into his, before curving their lips into a pleasant and elegant smile.

"what about we have dinner together tonight?" Maverick asked her, "really?" he nodded his head while shutting his eyes momentarily, "where?" she asked him, "where we first talked...at the café." she smiled again more widely before nodding her head in yes immediately.

Maverick walked inside the house gladly while jingling his motorbike keys, he was happy that he was going to eat dinner with his lover tonight. as he stepped on the first step of the staircase, he heard some voices from the first floor.

He walked more further upstairs, and found out that the voices were coming from his step-sister's bedroom, he entered the room without wasting a second and saw Alba coming out from her closet with a couple of suitcase.

"sister..?" Maverick said confused, his mother bella turned around as well as Andrew and saw Maverick dumb founded, "are you going somewhere?" asked Maverick to his step-sister, she turned around to him and nodded her head with a sad smile over her lips.

"I'm telling her to stay a bit more but she isn't listening!" Andrew whinned, "why?" Asked Maverick after hearing his step-brother, "it's been a couple of month of me staying here, and there's an important meeting that's why i have to go." she said with a sad smile, "but it's too early, i mean everything just settled down and you're leaving." he said with knitted brows.

"I'm sorry, but i can't help it."

"when is the flight?"

"in the evening at 7." he sighed at the information of his step-sister, "I'll drop you." said maverick, "hm, okay." she agreed just then a knock was heard at the door of alba's door, they all looked at the door and saw a maid standing there.

"what happened, Selena?" asked bella to the maid, "madam, Mr Mendez is calling Sir Maverick to his study." the maid informed, bella looked at Maverick and Maverick glanced at his mother and then at Alba and Andrew but he got a nod from Alba.

with that he walk passed the maid, and walked straight towards the study of his step-father. he knocked on the door and called in.

"have a seat, please." said Jacob, as he was already sitting in the sofa, Maverick thought that why not giving a chance to his step-father so he sat down after getting the order. "i— i don't know from where i should start, but first I think i should— i should apologise." said Jacob, while not daring to look at Maverick's face or eyes.

"i could never give you the love a father should give to his child, even though you aren't my real son but still i was your father, a step ones. Maverick, i know i have done too bad with you, and i also mislead Andrew and made him hate you, but when i saw him standing in-front of me for you, i was so ashamed and felt as if a i had some something so wrong in past years that made my own son stand right in-front of me," he paused, and took a deep breath in.

"i can't afford my children to stand in-front of me, I've done a big mistake, please—" Jacob wiped his tears, "—please, forgive me."  he sobbed and weep in sorrow.

Maverick gulped down a huge lump of his saliva.

"But he broke my car!" 4 years old Maverick whinned in-front of his father, who was driving the car and he was sitting beside his father with his crossed arms around his small chest in his kindergarten school uniform.

"you shouldn't have hurt him, dear." Henry said softly wanting his little son to understand, "No, no and no, he broke the car you gifted me on my this birthday!" Little Maverick insisted.

the car suddenly stopped as Henry parked it in the side of the road, and looked at his son. he held little maverick's small hands into his big ones before looking into his eyes.

"my dear Maverick, you know what, when someone apologise for what they have done with us, we should forgive them, doesn't matter how big was their fault, because God gives us a big reward for forgiving someone who apologies."

Maverick wiped his tears after remembering the moment from his past life, he looked at Jacob whose eyes were teary and head was low as he was embarrassed for what he had done.

Maverick stood up from his seat and sat down near Jacob, soon Maverick pulled his step-father into a warm hug in which both were crying. when things don't work out by themselves, we have to make them work sometimes by forgiving.