First Family Christmas - Natasha Romanoff

Warnings: none, just pure Natasha fluff

Hi, I'm alive. I got hit with a crazy end of a semester and finals. School took over all my free time and I just couldn't write and keep up with my school work. But now that finals are over and I am officially on Christmas break for the next month, get ready for a lot of updates, and probably a lot of Christmas fluff.

This one is kinda rushed and not my greatest work, but still enjoy  :)

_________

Out of all the firsts that the Y/L/N-Romanoff household had experienced in the last few years, Christmas this year was the one first that the two were excited to experience together as a family. Sure, they had gone through several holiday seasons while they had been dating, but this year would be their first Christmas as a married couple and as a family.

It was mid-December when Natasha and y/n broke out the Christmas decorations for their tiny home. When they had gotten married, the two had taken a page out of Clint and Laura's book and bought a small farm home in a remote and peaceful area. Needless to say, they were excited to go full out and decorate their very own home however they wanted.

Currently, Natasha was outside on the roof, finishing up the lights, trying to decorate the outside of the house. Sure, not a lot of people would actually see the lights since they lived in a fairly remote location, but still, it made the tiny family happy whenever they saw the lights.

Y/n was inside, prepping cups of hot cocoa to have while they would decorate the tree. Natasha had talked y/n into getting a real tree this year instead of the fake ones that y/n had grown up with. That had been an interesting adventure when Liho, the couple's cat, decided to go for a swim in the tree's water bowl. Needless to say, it spooked Liho to the point where she wouldn't go near the barren tree that sat in the middle of the living room.

"Lights are all up." Nat announced, walking into the kitchen while taking off her jacket.

"Amazing. When it gets dark, we can admire your amazing work." y/n smiled, passing a mug of steaming hot cocoa to the red head.

Nat took a tentative sip before humming with a loopy grin.

"Delicious." Nat praised before giving the hot drink a gentle blow and another sip.

"Thanks, but let's see what our toughest critic thinks." y/n giggled, pecking Natasha on the check. "Kaylen, honey! Come get your hot cocoa."

The tiny pitter patter of little feet could be heard from the nearby hallway when their little girl burst into the kitchen.

"Careful honey, it's hot." y/n warned while handing the excited girl a mug.

"Thank you mama." Kaylen began blowing a bit on the drink before going to gulp it down. "Are we going to put the...the...what are they called? The things on the tree?"

"The ornaments?" Nat questioned, trying not to laugh at Kaylen's stutter.

"Yeah! The ordaments!" Kay cheered, honestly giving the word her best attempt.

Natasha and y/n had adopted Kaylen a few months ago, about six months after they had gotten married. Honestly, they had been looking to adopt for a while, the only thing holding them back was the adoption agency. There were several valid reasons, like the unpredictable nature of being an Avenger and that the two of them weren't home owners or married. But when they had retired from Avengers, moved out, and had made things final through marriage, the adoption agency finally cleared them and allowed the tiny family to move forward. That's when they found Kaylen. Ten years old and a big ball of energy that y/n and Nat had fallen in love. According to the agency, Kaylen had been there for a while, and honestly the two just wanted to give the girl a home.